• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Powerful Nvidia Card PCI-E Powered??

Associate
Whats the best Nvidia card on the market atm that only requires the power supply form the PCI-E slot (no 6 pin cable from the PSU). I currently have a GTX 750 Ti which only uses the PCI-E slot for power but want to know if theres a better card on the market??

Soldato
Yeah nothing better without PCIe power.

You can get molex-->PCIe power adaptors.
Wouldn't recommend it unless the PSU's been made sure to be able to handle extra 75W output on the 12v rail, or one could risk overloading the PSU and killing it (might even damange other components as well).

Definitely should check the rating of the PSU first.

Associate
OP
This is your psu. It's not brilliant but it's also not a poor unit. It has a 36A/432w 12v rail and it has a 6+2 pin and a 6 pin pci-e cable so is certainly capable of at least a GTX960, maybe even a GTX 970 if no overclocking is done.

I take it thats a different form factor than a standard PSU then?, so if i wanted to replace it with a, Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W that would be too big?

Soldato
The 700w is sfx-l and is due q1 next year but has been delated twice already. There will also be a sfx corsair unit at 600w 92mm fan.

Back
Top Bottom