Coffee machines, Tassimo or Nespresso?

Soldato
Im loving my Nespresso machine, had it about 12 months now and its been used multiple times daily. Use a lot of the pods from Costco for a regular coffee and save the Nespresso ones for weekend. Costco ones work out at about 16p each.

Not cleaned mine yet but i hear 50/50 with spirit vinegar on the cleaning mode is good.

Going to try these at some point as well they get good feedback.
https://finecoffeeclub.co.uk/

Last edited:
Associate
http://www.crukafe.com/ these are meant to be good.
Nespresso certainly seems the way forward.

nice find! taster box shall be ordered at lunch :o

Not cleaned mine yet but i hear 50/50 with spirit vinegar on the cleaning mode is good.

you've not cleaned it in 12months :eek:
we have quite hard water so I clean mine regularly, I just use the descaler nespresso offer. (yes i'm lazy!) :o

Soldato
http://www.johnlewis.com/nespresso-en520-lattissima-coffee-machine-by-de'longhi-white/p1561571

I'm tempted by that one for the Mrs for xmas to replace the tassimo now they have ****ed up the lattes. Anyone had one?

I haven't had that exact one, but echoing the reviews, the milk carafe is a total PITA, forget to clean it and once milk has gone off, it's a pig to get clean again, not to mention you have to keep removing it and putting it in the fridge.

I would recommend a normal nespresso and a milk frother, for normal lattes the aeroccino is really good, simple to clean, just pour in milk press button and it just works. If you want a grande the you can get frothers like the severin 500ml which is even easier to clean.

Having stepped up from a dolce gusto to a nespresso/aeroccino all I can say is lattes obviously taste much better with real milk!

Permabanned
I haven't had that exact one, but echoing the reviews, the milk carafe is a total PITA, forget to clean it and once milk has gone off, it's a pig to get clean again, not to mention you have to keep removing it and putting it in the fridge.

I would recommend a normal nespresso and a milk frother, for normal lattes the aeroccino is really good, simple to clean, just pour in milk press button and it just works. If you want a grande the you can get frothers like the severin 500ml which is even easier to clean.

Having stepped up from a dolce gusto to a nespresso/aeroccino all I can say is lattes obviously taste much better with real milk!

I currently have a dolce gusto machine i do like the lattes and capocinos they do but i thinking of getting severin frother 700ml and using dolces standard expresso capsules to get a better latte/cappo

Soldato
I currently have a dolce gusto machine i do like the lattes and capocinos they do but i thinking of getting severin frother 700ml and using dolces standard expresso capsules to get a better latte/cappo

That would work! I've already used the dolce chocolate with milk from the aeroccino!.

One thing to consider, the 700ml version doesn't froth so well if you fill it up, people prefer the 500ml version for better froth.

Caporegime
This looks good.
http://www.johnlewis.com/nespresso-.../p436004?isd2c=false&colour=Red&sku=231348424

Only thing missing is the ability to have cold foam to make iced lattes.

That's the one I got recently (in Silver). I'm really enjoying the milky drinks. Steamed milk is fantastic.

http://www.johnlewis.com/nespresso-190-citiz-and-milk-coffee-machine-by-magimix-cream/p230878165

Thinking of buying one of the above Nespresso machines. What the best capsules for Cappuccinos and Lattes or will any do?

wtf????

people spending up to £260 on a nespresso machine????

you do know you can get a bean 2 cup machine for that price???? or even a little more.

i've been looking at bean 2 cup but decided to get the KRUPS® NESPRESSO® INISSIA BUNDLE which was reduced from £140 to £80 iirc on black friday. the aerocinno3 can be sold for £40 so the machine was £40 on it's own.

you also get 3 x £25 vouchers to use on their site or in stores. so free coffee for a year plus the 16 with the machine.

i'm thinking sell the aeroccino, use the vouchers / years worth of free coffee, then sell the machine for like £20-£40. then get a bean 2 cup machine next year in the black friday sales.

that means a years worth of nespresso for <£20 possibly even free.

anyone thinking of spending up to £260 on one of these must be mad.

if a similar deal comes up next year i may ditch the idea of bean 2 cup and just buy 1 of these every year, rinse and repeat the £75 worth of coffee every year. it's a years worth of coffee for free essentially or £20 at the most.

Last edited:
Associate
wtf????

people spending up to £260 on a nespresso machine????

you do know you can get a bean 2 cup machine for that price???? or even a little more.

i've been looking at bean 2 cup but decided to get the KRUPS® NESPRESSO® INISSIA BUNDLE which was reduced from £140 to £80 iirc on black friday. the aerocinno3 can be sold for £40 so the machine was £40 on it's own.

you also get 3 x £25 vouchers to use on their site or in stores. so free coffee for a year plus the 16 with the machine.

i'm thinking sell the aeroccino, use the vouchers / years worth of free coffee, then sell the machine for like £20-£40. then get a bean 2 cup machine next year in the black friday sales.

that means a years worth of nespresso for <£20 possibly even free.

anyone thinking of spending up to £260 on one of these must be mad.

if a similar deal comes up next year i may ditch the idea of bean 2 cup and just buy 1 of these every year, rinse and repeat the £75 worth of coffee every year. it's a years worth of coffee for free essentially or £20 at the most.

not seen an automatic bean 2 cup for £250 that I like. they probably do exist.

Permabanned
That would work! I've already used the dolce chocolate with milk from the aeroccino!.

One thing to consider, the 700ml version doesn't froth so well if you fill it up, people prefer the 500ml version for better froth.

bought the 500 for 68 hope it does the trick, dolce has a decent espresso range including caramel

Soldato
not seen an automatic bean 2 cup for £250 that I like. they probably do exist.

I've tried a few now (we've had 3 in the office, all cheap entry level delonghi/phillips) and they don't remotely compare IMO.. getting the grind settings right, and getting any consistency is really difficult, not to mention just getting decent beans is so trial and error, and then storage of the beans, and batch differences are a complete pain..

I used to think Nespresso was some faux espresso kind of marketing twaddle until I actually tried one, the coffee range is great, the consistency absolutely spot on, and in terms of convenience and ability to do a quick Latte, they are absolutely better then any 'auto' machine I've tried.. (Wouldn't mind giving the Sage Oracle a whirl!)..

When the missus got the kitchen aid nespresso, I felt a bit guilty thinking it would just be an inissia in wolfs clothing, but actually it's solid metal, quieter, much faster heating, easier to adjust brew size, and has a larger container/water tank, well worth the £200 we paid (inc aeroccino).

Speaking of the inissia, mines turned up, and I've just set it up to try before taking it into work tomorrow!

bought the 500 for 68 hope it does the trick, dolce has a decent espresso range including caramel
Let me know, I'm super happy with the aeroccino forthing, just the quantity is a bit troublesome, I could do a Grande, or two regular's with the 500ml Severin in one go since my missus is now a latte convert, I end up always having to do two at a time.

Last edited:
Associate
I've tried a few now (we've had 3 in the office, all cheap entry level delonghi/phillips) and they don't remotely compare IMO.. getting the grind settings right, and getting any consistency is really difficult, not to mention just getting decent beans is so trial and error, and then storage of the beans, and batch differences are a complete pain..

that's what I thought. have used multiple automatic ones when around friends (back in Switzerland) and they all were pretty good, but they all paid way more than £250.

spoke to someone on here when he bought his bean-to-cup (found it, was Tauren) he seemed happy with his (also not nowhere near £250) :p

Last edited:
Associate
I've got a Tassimo and find it ultra handy as it does a bit of everything - it's obviously best at coffee but can do hot chocolate, flavoured latte's, tea.... all sorts, and has brand power (Cadbury, Oreo, Milka, Costa, Jacob's, Carte Noir)

The Nespresso isn't so multi-talented. It just does coffee - which is good, but given limited kitchen real-estate, I'd rather have a machine that can do all sorts, than one that can only do a single thing. And lets face it, comparing machines is much of a muchness, they're all pretty much instant coffee granules in a plastic container, and so a proper bean-to-cup machine will blow them all out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom