Apple experts, some advice please.

Soldato
Hi, wonder if any one in the know can shed some light on the following.

My friend is with Orange / EE

Has upgraded his iPhone 4s to a iPhone 6.

Problem he has is email related.
The app-store / iCloud etc was set up years ago with his 4s with a Wanadoo account. He can no longer access wanadoo ( I believe it does not even exist)

So, his normal passwords will not do anything.

He needs to be able to change his icloud / appstore email somehow so he can then set up his iPhone 6 so he can do software updates, turn on iCloud etc.

Any ideas please?

We have tried loads of things that we can think of. But it seems we cannot see a way of changing his apple id as that email he no longer can access due to it not existing no more.

Soldato
OP
right, just been with my friend. Spent an hour on the phone to apple support.

Who at present cannot change the email address associated with the iCloud.
Not can we sign out of iCloud as it asks for the password which my friend has tried and it says is wrong.

Apple have asked for a copy of the purchase of the iPhone to be emailed to this particular person when retrieved from EE who will then in turn pass it on to some department who should be able to change the iCloud email address.

Cannot do anything within iCloud due to it being greyed out.

Although app store/iTunes all work fine with the correct (new) email address.

Crazy.

All down to Wanadoo. as the iCloud email is associated with wanadoo but there is no way on earth to access wanadoo anymore. (that I can find anyhow)

Soldato
OP
still cant sort this, EE and apple cant seem to sort it out at all.

I am now thinking if the following is possible.

remove all his personal stuff off of his iphone 6.

reset his phone to a brand new one and then set up a new apple ID for him.

At the moment he cannot update any apps. Cant log or use whatsapp, must have 60+ notifications on whatsapp but it needs updating which he cant do.

This i think would work as can then reinstall his contacts from hotmail.

just would loose all his saved messages

Soldato
still cant sort this, EE and apple cant seem to sort it out at all.

I am now thinking if the following is possible.

remove all his personal stuff off of his iphone 6.

reset his phone to a brand new one and then set up a new apple ID for him.

At the moment he cannot update any apps. Cant log or use whatsapp, must have 60+ notifications on whatsapp but it needs updating which he cant do.

This i think would work as can then reinstall his contacts from hotmail.

just would loose all his saved messages

If 'find my iPhone' is turned on then he needs the old apple ID and password to finish setting up as a new phone.

Get an appointment with a Genius at an Apple store and let them sort it out for you.
Apple ID questions can't be dealt with in store as employees cannot access personal iCloud information.

I guess the motto of this story is - remember the secret questions, have a backup email associated with the apple ID

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom