Am I being special?

Soldato
They do actually appear to the AF120s, the bottom 2 at least. The AFs have more fan blades than the SP120s. Also, the coloured rings do help with the airflow too, as will the front grille. You might even hear a suction sound as you put the grille on with the fans running.

Soldato
OP
They do actually appear to the AF120s, the bottom 2 at least. The AFs have more fan blades than the SP120s. Also, the coloured rings do help with the airflow too, as will the front grille. You might even hear a suction sound as you put the grille on with the fans running.

As above, they all came from the same pack. I've only ever bought 3 packs of the sp120s. Yeah i've only taken the grille off for the purpose of the picture. Best get ordering some matching fans then!

Soldato
If so, i'm not happy with Corsair! I can't really complain my temps are fine but that's pretty odd.
If they came in sp120 boxes then yeah that's pretty odd.
You're losing 2/3's of the pressure the top one has on the other two. I know I'd likely change them but if you're getting good temps no issues then I guess.

Soldato
If you're not paying much attention or don't realise there's a difference it can be difficult to notice.

I've got a mix of AF120 and SP120s. I bought them unboxed and initially didn't actually realise they were different until I spotted the blade counts. Then I had a google and figured it out.

Soldato
Ok. It's just that they are physically very different, and if you're putting them next to each other...
have to say the fans being different was literally the first thing that stood out to me on looking at that picture... but then I'm normally quite picky when it comes to 'matching' things lol

Soldato
OP
If you are thinking of getting new (matching :D) fans then I can't recommend the OcUK & Silverstone fans enough. At the moment they are £6.26 for 3 so about 20% the cost of buying more traditional rad fans. At this price what do you have to lose?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thre...21wc-watercooling-radiator-fan-bu-023-sv.html

Do they do a 140mm version? I need two 140's for my top rad :(

I've got two XSPC fans up three at the moment and they seem pretty good, so I'll probably just leave them.

Last edited:
Soldato
There isn't going to be a huge amount going through the rad anyway, because of the restriction. You will feel even less if they are on low speed. Along as the coolings good don't worry.

I love the colored rings, they look boring without them.

The bottom fans are most definitely AF120s, very odd how they would be packaged wrong.

No you cannot get sp140s in that design only LED type ones. You can get AF140s which look the same.

Associate
They aren't. They're SP120s with their coloured rings removed.

Sam, get a fan controller to tame them a bit. I've got the same fans in the same place in my 540 case, and they are loud as well without a controller.

They'll definitely be moving air through, however touch the radiator to see how warm it's getting, it'll tell you if it's being cooled properly.

SP120's don't have rubber boots ... ?

Also Sp's don't have the rring do they (They are LED instead)?
The blades also like too angled for Sp's .... are we sure ... ?
Look like AF's to me....

I could be completely wrong...

*EDIT* I see someone already answered the question, my bad.

Last edited:
Associate
SP's do have the rubber 'boots' and a ring. They also come with or without LEDs :)

I totally must have got the wrong ones then, I wanted rubber booted sp140's but mine where plain .... maybe explains the extra vibration I have been getting (thou if they are booted isn't there a slight gap up the side of the rad/ fan edge letting air out ?

Sorry to derail :)

Soldato
Ah, the SP140's don't seem to have the rubber corner inserts...

As for any gap, no. The rubber bit is inside the frame on the SP120's, so exterior contact is the same as any.

Back
Top Bottom