**NEW CORSAIR ML MAGNETIC LEVITATION FANS**

Soldato
The advert mentions "Replaceable corners mounted to anti-vibration rubber dampers allow you to match your fans with the rest of your build"

are these included? there don't appear to be any option to buy separately

Gee

Gee

Soldato
The advert mentions "Replaceable corners mounted to anti-vibration rubber dampers allow you to match your fans with the rest of your build"

I bought the White 140's and didn't receive any other dampers mate. I think you'll need to get them from Corsair direct unless OC start stocking them.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP

I mentioned this to them at the moment they do not even have the parts listed themselves on the Corsair Website.

I will ask again.

Edit: Corners Will become available but it will be months yet. That is from Corsair directly.

Last edited:
Soldato
got my 120s, nice build quality, bright LEDs that are in the spindle area of the fan and not the Frame like most fans. I think the white ones would look great in an all white build. just using them to poke some more light out of the top of my case on a radiator. they are quite a bit brighter than the existing corsair fans.

I have big problem though.. I am rapidly building a drawer full of discarded fans!

Soldato
Just got mines in...Blue LED one, nice heavy build quality to the fans, well built and really quiet under operation.

I haven't had much of a run of them yet but from first quick checks using the Spy benchmark for 3D Mark the CPU didn't go over 65C (now this is me using AIO watercooling in a Sugo SG13) which is impressive given the size of my case and how cramped the components are. I had set the fan profile to keep it spinning at 40% (which is silent) up until it hits 70C.

I'll play some of the Witcher 3 later on tonight which certainly did tax the small system with the CPU hitting anywhere between 90-95C after a longer period of play with just a standard Corsair 120 SP fan which was running at 1 speed due to the 3 pin nature of it. Hopefully the superior performance will see a suitable/more managable drop.

Oh yeah the AIO I'm using in the Sugo is an Antec H600 so cheap and cheerful...ish!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I'm liking the White ML140's at the moment. I have them on my Corsair H115i that I run at around 60% and they're silent to me (albeit I have headphones on the majority of the time).

I have noticed however that if I bump up the speed to around 90-100% - there's quite an annoying vibrating sound going on. I've checked to see if the fans themselves are vibrating against the radiator, which they are not as they're really snug.

I've tried to single out where the sound might be coming from but I'm not entirely sure. No issues when they're on lower RPM however.

Associate
I've heard these are best run on pwm 4 pin connection. can these be run on an aquaero, I'd need to run around 9 fans.

Aquaero 6? It has up to 4 PWM headers, so you should be able to run 3 each on 3 headers, and one to spare.

Thank you for the great review mate, much appreciated and a good read.

Think I'll be swapping my noctua's out on my rad cos MOAR leds lol. Seriously, you can probably see my rig from space :D

Best

Wulf

Cheers, and need pics of course :D

Soldato
Has anyone tried these fans paired with a high performance air CPU cooler?

I'm looking to replace the ageing fans on my Phanteks PH-TC14PE cooler and am unsure whether to get a twin pack of the 140mm Corsairs or a pair of PH-F140XP fans.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone tried these fans paired with a high performance air CPU cooler?

I'm looking to replace the ageing fans on my Phanteks PH-TC14PE cooler and am unsure whether to get a twin pack of the 140mm Corsairs or a pair of PH-F140XP fans.

At the same fan speed, these won't do much better than stock air cooler fans on the PH-TC14PE. All you will get is the option for higher airflow, and lower temps at the expense of added noise thanks to the higher max RPM.

Interesting, Just checked my aquaero, it is the 5xt, does this have the same setup as the 6

Afraid not, Aquaero 5 has one PWM header only. You can do maybe 4 of these off it, and another 4 using the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard.

Soldato
At the same fan speed, these won't do much better than stock air cooler fans on the PH-TC14PE. All you will get is the option for higher airflow, and lower temps at the expense of added noise thanks to the higher max RPM.

I have the older version of the cooler with 3 pins fans that have been running at ~1200 RPM (max fan speed) for the past 4 years. I was looking for something with PWM control to keep it quite when on desktop / web browsing and then ramp up in speed when gaming.

Associate
I have the older version of the cooler with 3 pins fans that have been running at ~1200 RPM (max fan speed) for the past 4 years. I was looking for something with PWM control to keep it quite when on desktop / web browsing and then ramp up in speed when gaming.

Ah yeah, that will help out. Just check and make sure that the fan clips will work with square frame 120 mm fans though, it's been a while since I used that cooler myself.

Associate
Just ordered the phobya 8 way pwm splitter to replace the fan splitter that comes with the Enthoo primo (3 pins running off 1 pwm header). Was just going to get another Swiftech splitter like the one I have my aio attached to but damn they're hard to get hold of in the UK. Only saw 1 for sale here and they wanted £128 for it lol.

I'll be golden then and ready to order 7 ML 140's (if they're in stock that is).

Best

Wulf

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Just ordered the phobya 8 way pwm splitter to replace the fan splitter that comes with the Enthoo primo (3 pins running off 1 pwm header). Was just going to get another Swiftech splitter like the one I have my aio attached to but damn they're hard to get hold of in the UK. Only saw 1 for sale here and they wanted £128 for it lol.

I'll be golden then and ready to order 7 ML 140's (if they're in stock that is).

Best

Wulf

Is the below any good for you?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua...p-to-9-fans-or-aquabus-devices-bb-004-aq.html

Yeah some of the fans are a pain for stock. I have plenty on order but Corsair are stuggling to keep up.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom