** AMD BACK IN THE GAME: PRICE DROP EXCLUSIVE TO OcUK!! **

Associate
It depends on cooling. While the Nano is more capable, it suffers from thermal throttling in most cases.
Umm, no. The Nano doesn't thermal throttle unless it basically has no real airflow at all, a very compact ITX or UATX case with few air holes and no active cooling would do it but I can't imagine any desktop case causing throttling.

I ran my Nano for a while in a small-ish Silverstone UATX case with no fans and the card didn't throttle even on +30% power.

Associate
Umm, no. The Nano doesn't thermal throttle unless it basically has no real airflow at all, a very compact ITX or UATX case with few air holes and no active cooling would do it but I can't imagine any desktop case causing throttling.

I ran my Nano for a while in a small-ish Silverstone UATX case with no fans and the card didn't throttle even on +30% power.

OK. fair enough. I've read about the throttling, but have no experience myself (not owning the card).

Associate
Currently running R9 280X's in XFire would a Fury or a 480 offer similar or better performance? Game at 1440p with a secondary 1080p monitor.

Back
Top Bottom