8Pack super fast smash the rest i5 Skylake Overclocked, Discounted killer GAMING bundle.

Soldato
Posting this here as well as in the main forum in-case anyone has had the same issue.

Got my bundle today and I'm having issues getting the system to post. I'm getting a solid DRAM led. It seems to only post with one individual ram stick installed, if I have both or the other one it doesn't post. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've removed the motherboard from the case, as I thought it could be something to do with the stand-offs.

sounds like you have a faulty stick of ram.

if you use the one working stick in the other slot does it still post as this would rule out a faulty ram slot

Associate
sounds like you have a faulty stick of ram.

if you use the one working stick in the other slot does it still post as this would rule out a faulty ram slot

Yeah I've tried the stick of ram in the other 3 slots and it posts fine. If I add it the second slick into any slot, either on its own or in conjunction with the first stick the system doesn't post.

Just off the phone with OCUK and I'm RMAing the ram, which is excellent service but a shame as I don't have any spare ddr4 around :(

Soldato
Yeah I've tried the stick of ram in the other 3 slots and it posts fine. If I add it the second slick into any slot, either on its own or in conjunction with the first stick the system doesn't post.

Just off the phone with OCUK and I'm RMAing the ram, which is excellent service but a shame as I don't have any spare ddr4 around :(

Yeah, DDR4 is not common enough to have spare ram like you would DR3.

glad you got the RMA sorted :D

Associate
8Pack, I just got this bundle for a friend and am in the midst of setting it all up now.

I've installed the 050 BIOS and then loaded your i54400.cmo profile. However, this morning (1st day) it came up with an Overclock Failed warning. I checked the settings against the screenshots on the first post and was surprised to see that the voltages were all completely different!? So which are right!?

I've set them back (down) to the voltages on the first page, and I'm going to try RealBench'ing it now to see if it's now stable...

Failing that you mentioned it could be a memory divider issue, but failed to state what that issue is/was, and what you need to do to solve it, any tips!?

Associate
Wow.. Thought I'd try reloading the i54400.cmo profile... Bad idea clearly.

Ran Stress Test for about 15mins, black screen and then the system wouldn't load back into Windows again, would just get to the loading circle and freeze.

Reinstalled the latest BIOS from ASUS, set to defaults and am now having to reinstall Windows again. Grr. So much for a simple overclock!

8Pack, not sure if this is relevant, but the motherboard I received had a Southbridge which was an Intel Skylake PCH Rev 31, NOT Rev 30, like you had.

Also the LPCIO value was completely different...?

Associate
Seriously tempted by this bundle, noticed the I3 version is a fair deal cheaper.

Any particular reason why i5 would be essential for me?

I only use my pc for gaming and surfing. I won't be gaming at 4k, might upgrade monitor to 1440p but thats it.

Cheers.

Associate
Just in case anyone else is wondering; I just got off the phone with OcUK Tech Support and their answer is basically "send a message to 8 Pack". So if you have an issue, and you can't get a response... You're stuck, a bit like I am currently.

Associate
Is there a new link for the BIOS to download?

THe link posted in 1st post is dead.

Just to confirm i install OS first then flash BIOS?

Just arrived, can't wait to get started. My i5 750 served me well for 6 years but need to get with the times.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can someone help ?? Looking for the BIOS download for 050 ??

Really want to see what this machine can do, old link is dead.

Thanks

I had a quick google and found the bios 0050 version here

http://overclocking.guide/download/asus-z170-e-non-k-oc-bios/

I have stuck a copy of it on dropbox as well. Same zip file as downloaded from the above site.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rl9hhghr46q7uif/Z170-E-ASUS-0050.zip?dl=0

.cmo file as well

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jn4clfmjwi65ge/i54400.cmo?dl=0

Last edited:
Associate
Hi i was wondering if you can help i applied the overclock with the settings you gave and updated the bios however i had to update using the asus website and not your provided link as it does not work and i get an error message whenever i save the bios and reboot.

Associate
Hey guys had some issues today with the overclock. Normal stock speeds the system works fine, I followed the instructions by flashing the linked bios version then applied the overclock profile in bios, the system then booted fine and at the 4.4ghs speed. It would work for 5-10 minutes before locking up entirely. Had to reset CMOS to get system to work at stock speeds again. It wasn't a temperature issue I had hwmonitor and checked in bios.

I'm pretty new to overclocking, could anyone assist please?

Back
Top Bottom