**SEAGATE IRONWOLF 10TB HAS LANDED**

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Hi,

So recently Seagate announced that they are doing a rebrand of there hard drives with the Guardian Range. The range will now become the Barracuda and Barracuda Pro for the desktop and creative users. The Firecuda will be designed for especially for Gamers. The iron Wolf is the new name for the NAS drives and the SkyHawk will be the name for the surveillance drives.

As this will take a few months to roll out you will see the odd few drives coming to Market early i.e The 10TB Range.

The 10TB will launch First as this will be the biggest drive across the range on the Market for home and professional users.

Today we are launching the Iron Wolf 10TB Drive for NAS users.

Seagate IronWolf 10TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache HDD - OEM (ST10000VN0004) @ £389.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seag...mb-cache-hdd-oem-st10000vn0004-hd-36i-se.html

Part of the IronWolf Guardian Range, 10TB Capacity, 3.5 inch, SATA 6Gb/s Interface, 7200RPM Spin Speed, 256MB Cache, 3 Year Warranty

IronWolf™ is designed for everything NAS. Get used to tough, ready and scalable 24×7 performance that can handle multi-drive environments with a wide range of capacities.

Key Advantages:
- Optimized for NAS with AgileArray.™ AgileArray is built for dual-plane balancing and RAID optimization in multi-bay environments with the most advanced power management possible.
- High performance means no lag times or downtime for users during high traffic time for the NAS. Seagate leads the competition with the highest performance in NAS-class drives.
- Range of capacities up to 10TB. More capacity options mean more choices that will fit within the budget. Seagate provides a scalable solution for any NAS use-case scenario.
- Get ahead with more cache. IronWolf provides high-cache options allowing your NAS to serve data faster.
- Do more with multi-user technology. Enables user workload rate of 180TB/year. Multiple users can confidently upload and download data to the NAS server, knowing it can handle the workload, whether you’re a creative professional or small business.
- Designed for always on, always accessible 24×7 performance. Access your data on your NAS any time, remotely or on site.
- 1M hours MTBF, 3-year limited warranty represents an improved total cost of ownership (TCO) with reduced maintenance costs.

Best-Fit Applications:
- 1- to 8-bay network attached storage (NAS)
- Desktop RAID and servers
- Multimedia server storage
- Private cloud

Specification:
- Interface Options (with NCQ): SATA 6Gb/s
- Number of Drive Bays Supported: 1 to 8
- Multi-User Technology (TB/yr): 180
- Dual-Plane Balance: Yes
- Error Recovery Control: Yes
- Max Sustained Data Transfer Rate OD (MB/s) : 210
- Spindle Speed (RPM): 7200
- Cache: 256
- Load/Unload Cycles: 600,000
- Workload Rate Limit (WRL) (TB/year): 180
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) (hours): 1m
- Warranty, Limited (years): 3

Only £389.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited:
Soldato
Very decent price.

I need more HDD in my NAS (11 out of 12 TB is full) but can't afford this yet. Waiting for the price to go down.

Associate
So I read that right that this is for NAS system ya?

So its the " Barracuda and Barracuda Pro for the desktop and creative users. Or Firecuda "

What I would be after if its for my system (I use 2 SSDs for my OS/games atm).

a 10TB would be great I could go down to 1 HDD. Atm use 3 seagate's 2 4's and 1 3
about 40% full (but I like the room :) - again be great to go down to 1 drive to use less power and less space in the case.

whats the difference between the above drives?

I really like seagate drives.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
So I read that right that this is for NAS system ya?

So its the " Barracuda and Barracuda Pro for the desktop and creative users. Or Firecuda "

What I would be after if its for my system (I use 2 SSDs for my OS/games atm).

a 10TB would be great I could go down to 1 HDD. Atm use 3 seagate's 2 4's and 1 3
about 40% full (but I like the room :) - again be great to go down to 1 drive to use less power and less space in the case.

whats the difference between the above drives?

I really like seagate drives.

If you just need a storage drive then the barracuda pro will launch the 10tb model and the barracuda will be 8tb and less.

The firecuda is designed at gamers as it provides faster load times and better performance over the barracuda. It is basically the SSHD but improved.

The drive above will work as a desktop drive but it is designed for NAS units and you will not gain any of the benefits of the drive.

Soldato
Well 9TB was the capacity the server/data room had when I was 15 years old, and doing my work experience for British Aerospace Systems & Equipment. Amazing that something that took an extremely large room to house, can now fit in your hand for such a reasonable price.

Awesome.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Looks perfect, 7200rpm, 24/7 usage rating, awww.... if only it carried 5 year warranty of Barracuda Pro...

I thought it was a little weird how it had 3 year and not 5 year but it looks like they will be doing a pro version...maybe next year. The pro will more than likely have the 5 year.

Back
Top Bottom