Ram aesthetics question

Associate
I'm doing a white/black/blue themed build, and wondering about this from people with experience

and before you call me daft, I know it's not necessary!!

I want to fill up all my RAM slots, and as such figure 32gB might as well be the way.

I've currently got this:

2 x 8 GB 3000MHz kit, Corsair LPX black

My question is, would you add this:

or should I go the whole hog and...get Dominator platinum?!

cause this looks amazing and fits the theme, since you can make them blue!

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsair/product-photo-root/d/dmplt_x2_blue.png

thanks guys
I'm more than willing to wait for a deal on these, if you guys think the aesthetics are better too

** Do Not Hotlink Images and from Competitors **

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Even though I'm using Dom Plats in my build (again, it fits the aesthetic), I'd be inclined to say it's starting to look a bit boring now because everybody's been using it.

Of course, by no means should you allow what others do to dictate your choices, and if you want Dom Plats then get Dom Plats! But there are other options out there.

A few years back I did a black/blue theme on a client video workstation and used alternate black and blue HyperX Fury. Looked ace. I've also seen black, red and white RAM used alternately, such as in the red and white Gigabyte G1 Gaming.

On the DDR4 front, G.Skill have lovely Trident Z RAM themed to match a variety of vendor boards - they have a gorgious brushed grey and red for the latest Asus ROG boards, black and yellow to match MSI's Big Bang series, black with accent orange for the Gigabyte OC boards, and more general black or brushed grey with an accent colour to cover all the other bases.

Really nice stuff, really nice forethought.

Soldato
Your build, do what you like.
There will be people who've done similar things and there will be people who've done more, better than you could ever hope to... but this is YOUR computer, so do what makes YOU happy.

I made a couple of custom mods for mine and they're tatty as heck in daylight, but at night when there's no light but my PC, it looks awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom