Infiniti range

Soldato
Not saying it is better or if its any good at all, (don't even like it myself & never tried it so cant comment), point was even if it was the best most people will still opt for a German marque.

However I doubt it's as bad as some are making out here. Considering the fact that most 3 series (as an example) on the road are low spec, standard diesel repmobiles, they are hardly going to be any much superior than the Infiniti or offer anything vastly superior to the regular Joe Public, who simply uses it as a tool to get from A to B. The Infiniti will probably be better specced for the money.

Transmission breaker
Don
The Infiniti will probably be better specced for the money.

If a car has lots of (even little) things that annoy you, it does not matter how many toys it has.

Theres a reason i didn't buy one, even with the MASSIVE discounts they are throwing about. Lots of other people have come to the same conclusion.

If the Q50 was some sort of magic bullet, it would be popular.

The XF is a great example, Jag was struggling, but they made a very capable saloon, and loads bought it (even when it was not all that cheap!). Make a credible competitor to zee germans and offer something a little different, and it will sell. Don't quite hit the mark, and it will fail. Right now the Q50 is failing :(

Associate
I looked at them before I bought the Lexus.

I don't think they are the prettiest car but they are a little different and get people guessing what you are driving.

2.2d is the Merc engine and gearbox. So how they have managed to make it slower and more thirsty than the C/E class. 3.0d is a Renault unit which is so thirsty you might as well get a petrol. The hybrid is faster than the Lexus but again likes to drink more.

Other issues.... No service plans had been set up yet. The Nissan parts bin had been heavily hit for the internal switchgear. They keep changing the damn names of the models and they depreciate very quickly.

On the positive side the customer service at the dealer was to a similar level to Lexus.

Last edited:
Soldato
They seem to be good on paper, but going off what others have said, that's all they seem to be good on.

I remember when the FX was first found in the UK. I had a sit in one and found it quite cramped for its size. How did they manage that?!

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your responses everyone. (apologies for the lack of response).

Interestingly I test drove the new c-class today and a 15 reg A6....
Both very nice to drive but.... still thinking about all of this...

Back
Top Bottom