Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (April Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 452 45.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 553 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
If we're in the EU our laws are inferior and EU law is supreme. If we're outside the EU then our laws are supreme. Do you understand that point?

Yes, but it's not true. We accept the supremacy of international law on a host of issues; when we sign agreements with other countries we - like most developed nations - accept that this are binding agreements on us. Leaving the EU may (or may not, depending on the post-Brexit deal) cause us not to be bound by some EU laws but it will not make us suddenly supreme in matters of international law.

Also, EU laws are our laws. We're part of the EU and we play a big role in EU law making. If we end up with some "Norway" arrangement then we really will be bound by laws other people are making.

Caporegime
It's not an extreme outcome though is it? France and Germany especially are massively envious of the UK Banking industry, they are already offering golden hellos to try and entice bankers over. It's not scaremongering to expect them to want to try and take some of this market off the UK by introducing tarriffs in the event of an EU exit.

Nor has anyone said it would destroy the UK banking sector and/or economy as an extension of that.

Try reading rhr quote chain as youre arguing a compeltley differnt point than was being disscused

Soldato
Given the shambles that is Labour now, Corbyn should just come out in favour of Brexit as we all know he really is, dump John McDonnell, Alan Johnson and the loonies, then come out of it smelling of roses IMO. ;) :p

Like others have said, it's bizarre how this whole thing is turning into a real-life House of Cards. DC is determined not to be the man to take us out of the EU (and let's face it, he probably has a cushy job lined up which is now threatened).

Last edited:
Soldato
Every single person I speak to in my area and in other areas I visit are voting leave. Ive not spoke to a single person who is voting stay. Look at the polls in local papers and they are all in favour of leave.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29443758 said:
How does this have anything to do with the EU or the referendum? Seems like an entirely domestic German legal issue. Which is interesting as I thought the nasty EU has removed everyone's ability to make their own laws..

The fact its the first time its been used in quite a while and the head of state is that of Turkey shows that there is a lot more auport for getting turkey into the EU which is often denied here.

Along awith the few billion turkey is to be given over the next few years to get it ready to join i think its clear that in the next 10 years tirkey will be an eu member and we will have to deal with the consequences of that

Associate
I think the polls are wrong, they put that, a close poll like 48/52 & 49/51 to mobilise more voters.

I know you can't hold your circle of friends as the wider public views but I've started asking random people haha and honestly I've met more non registered than people voting in.

Associate
I just remember the polls during the general election. Completely out of touch.

Be funny, get 100 random phone numbers and do a poll of my own. Probably more accurate.

Soldato
Pretty much everyone I've spoken to IRL says they'll vote Remain.

Same here,and the few I met who want to leave either are older people,or quite right wing and admire Farage,even if they didn't vote for them.

I really HOPE the referendum isn't close,otherwise it is something that wil cause ruptures in this country,since there is going to be a lot of annoyed people either way,especially if certain demographics are more swayed each way.

Soldato
The very poll in the thread and the months before are all towards leave and I consider this forum quite pro Europe.

Or more Euroskeptic people are likely to bother with threads like this and vote in them? :p

This forum has 131000 members,so the vast majority are not even bothered with political discussions.

This is what is more worrying about the referendum - apathy. They should make it compulsory to vote.

But if you look at comments on political internet articles in this country going back a decade,they have almost entirely been Euroskeptic,etc. IMHO,the right have been far better represented by more motivated individuals on the internet for a very long time.

I remember a mate making an innocuous joke about Farage and The Pub Landlord during the elections in Thanet on social media. He is basically a social media nobody and it got swamped by the UKIP internet army who left comments in raw filth who ended up making his post stand out more than if they had left it alone!It was almost like they were trawling social media to react to any post they didn't like by people they didn't know! :p Seemed a silly own-goal by them.

Edit!!

Also,there should be an undecided option too.

This is what many of the polls being run currently lack - people who are on the fence.

It is those people which probably are going to sway the referendum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom