What are the best fans.

Soldato
Check out fractal design silent series. Since getting one of their cases and hearing their dynamic fans (or not hearing them) I can recommend those ones, but the silent ones are supposed to be quieter.

Soldato
What size fans will your kit need? What radiator/s will you be using?

Fractal Design's new Venturi HP series fans are quite good, but I was not impressed with their older ones. Many Define case owners replaced them to get better case airflow with no increase in noise. I'm not sure

Phanteks are good. Ask anyone with one of their cases about the PH-F140SP. I doubt anyone will complain, and if they do it will be that they are not PWM fans. Their new PH-F120MP & PH-F140MP are looking very good. I have not used them much, but like them a lot.

Soldato
Scythe GT-1850. Can't buy them from retail any longer since they were discontinued but you can still pick one up from that popular auction site.

Great fans, I had 12 of them in my case at one point. Quiet even at full speed and silent when hooked up to a controller.

Soldato
Scythe GT-1850. Can't buy them from retail any longer since they were discontinued but you can still pick one up from that popular auction site.

Great fans, I had 12 of them in my case at one point. Quiet even at full speed and silent when hooked up to a controller.

Yes, the legendary Nidec-Servo Gentle Typhoon fans are some of the very best available, and now the GT- 550-1850 and GT-2150 are now available in a PWM models too, making them even better. are probably the best fans available, and yes, they are again available. The are made by Nidec Servo and were sold by Scythe for years, but they had a parting of paths so Scythe no longer retails them. Other retailers stepped up and are now selling them. They can now be found by googling Gentle Typhoon. . You can get the specification sheet from Nidec-Servo here
Current retail models are:
DarkSide Gentle Typhoon Performance Radiator Fan - 2150rpm, 68cfm - Black Edition model# DS1225C12B6AP-60
DarkSide Gentle Typhoon Performance Radiator Fan (550-1850rpm) 58cfm - Black Edition PWM' model #DS1225C12B5ZPA-65​

Soldato
Yes, the legendary Nidec-Servo Gentle Typhoon fans are some of the very best available, and now the GT- 550-1850 and GT-2150 are now available in a PWM models too, making them even better. are probably the best fans available, and yes, they are again available. The are made by Nidec Servo and were sold by Scythe for years, but they had a parting of paths so Scythe no longer retails them. Other retailers stepped up and are now selling them. They can now be found by googling Gentle Typhoon. . You can get the specification sheet from Nidec-Servo here
Current retail models are:
DarkSide Gentle Typhoon Performance Radiator Fan - 2150rpm, 68cfm - Black Edition model# DS1225C12B6AP-60
DarkSide Gentle Typhoon Performance Radiator Fan (550-1850rpm) 58cfm - Black Edition PWM' model #DS1225C12B5ZPA-65​

Great info thanks for this :)

Soldato
Ek vardar for radiators.
Nidec-Servo Gentle Typhoons are universally considered to be better than Vardars.

EK is still having issues with their Vardar fans .. vibration, motor/PWM whine, blades creating harmonic noise, bearing noise, etc. While some of these issues seem to be quality control, I believe some are design problems.

Sales history and customer comments speak for themselves.
  • In Vardar fans the short life many buyers have complained and returned them.
  • Gentle Typhoons have been around for years and years with almost no owners having any complaints or returns.

Back
Top Bottom