'incorrect message authentification code' ?

Associate
Hi

Just done a fresh XP install, reinstalled firefox 2.xx, and copied an older folder back in, to get my bookmark's back as well. When i try and log into my online bank account, i get the message 'received a message with incorrect message authentification code'. Alos been getting some 'Bad Request' messages, when clicking on some links in google, and wondering if this is connected to the same issue.

thanks
joe

Associate
According to the Mozilla SSL error codes section:

"SSL received a record with an incorrect Message Authentication Code."

This usually indicates that the client and server have failed to come to agreement on the set of keys used to encrypt the application data and to check message integrity. If this occurs frequently on a server, an active attack (such as the "million question" attack) may be underway against the server.

Associate
OP
Think i've found out what the problem was. I'm running a newly built system with an asus P5K motherboard. Its overclocked, and i know i read somewhere that this can make the built in NW device a bit shakey. Sure enough, after fitting a spare gigabit NW card i had laying around, all the problems have gone. Might be worth knowing if anyone finds they have similar problems.

cheers
joe

Back
Top Bottom