Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
oJ9fFhq.png

This year's iPhone-centric event is expected to see the debut of the next-generation iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, which, according to rumors, will include a reinforced body constructed from stronger 7000 Series aluminum, Force Touch, an A9 processor, 2GB RAM, and an improved camera.

Rumors have also suggested Apple will use the event to unveil the next-generation Apple TV, a major update from the existing set-top box. It will include a redesigned chassis with an A8 processor, more storage space, and a touch-based remote control, along with a new software system that includes Siri support and a full App Store.

We'll also get an update on the launch dates of iOS 9 and watchOS 2, and shortly after the event ends, we may see golden master software releases for the two software updates ahead of their final public launch.

In line with past events, the September 9 iPhone unveiling will begin at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. Apple has not yet confirmed whether the event will be live streamed on its website and through the Apple TV, but it is likely details on a live stream will be announced a few days ahead of the event.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/08/27/apple-invites-2015-iphone-event/

It seems if you ask siri for a hint it's got a few different answers that all point you towards the event on the 9th

18:00 BST 9/10

Apple Livestream:

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2015/

Access: iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 7 or later in Safari; Macs using Safari on OS X 10.8.5 or later

New this year: Windows 10 with the Microsoft Edge

Replay:

http://www.apple.com/uk/apple-events/

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking forward to this.

I couldn't recommend more that those who are buying from Apple direct should buy the plus version, even if they feel it's ridiculous. I felt the same way but after owning one I haven't looked back. I ditched the iPad too.

Soldato
OP
I tested the 6+ for a couple of weeks, too big for me.

Lying in bed I like to be able to hold it with one hand, the + is too big to do that comfortably and scroll. Or to use it in any situation really with one hand.

Then there's situations where I definitely don't want to drop my phone and the regular 6 feels much more secure in my hand. I was much more prone to potentially dropping it as it's so wide.

It's definitely not for everyone.

Maybe if they get rid of all the side bezels and move the home button behind the screen with force touch so it's closer to the size of the current 6 I could make the move. But not as it is currently.

Soldato
Making the move from android to the 6s plus. Since buying an ipad in January i've been converted to apple. Will keep the ipad for watching movies and gamesthough.

I wil pre order through apple. I have an lg g3 will i need a new sim?

Soldato
Making the move from android to the 6s plus. Since buying an ipad in January i've been converted to apple. Will keep the ipad for watching movies and gamesthough.

I wil pre order through apple. I have an lg g3 will i need a new sim?

According to google the LG G3 uses a Micro Sim card. The iPhone 6 currently uses a Nano Sim Card, the new iPhone 6S should continue to use the same size of sim card, so YES you'll need a new sim for your network.

I've got my eye on and my credit card is ready for the new Apple TV.

Last edited:
Watching with interest, but it'll need to be pretty good to tempt me away from my trusty 5S. Won't be ordering on the day as the wait last time drove me bonkers, and obviously want to see if the early adopters uncover any "gates".

Associate
I'll definitely be watching the event, might be tempted to try out a 6s if it turns out to be a good one coming from a HTC m8.

The main feature set I'm looking forward to seeing hopefully is a screen that resembles the one found on a Galaxy S6. The screen on that phone is an absolute beauty, could we see an OLED 4k iPhone Plus?

Soldato
As usual, will skip the "S" and wait until next year as Force Touch isn't enough to warrant the upgrade from my 6, but if I was buying now it would be the + version. I watch a lot more video on my phone nowadays and the extra screen space would be welcome in terms of work productivity as I don't bother with an iPad any more.

Interested to see what they do with Apple TV, although I have a feeling it will essentially be the same but with an App Store and Siri.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm pretty happy with my iPhone 6, really not sure whether it's worth upgrading or not. I guess I'll have to wait and see what's unveiled.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I'm most looking forward to the Apple TV. I have a 3 with Plex Connect, but I'm hoping they allow a Plex app on it, which is likely seeing as they already have an official Plex app for the iPhone / iPad.

Caporegime
Wonder how much that Apple TV is going to cost. They need to keep it low to compete with Roku et al. Apple have been losing ground.

I'm more interested in a new Mac mini.

Back
Top Bottom