240GB SSD for storing games only

Associate
Hi all,

I have just installed an 120gb SSD for my sons computer (windows) now would it be a good idea to add a 240gb SSD for his games, Steam CS-Go etc?

I am looking at the Crucial BX200 240gb £50 it's not as fast as some out but would this be ok just for games??

Don
So better then a spin drive??

Regardless of speed difference between one SSD and another?

What he means is you won't notice the difference in games between SSD by manufacturer X and an SSD by manufacturer Y.

You'll definitely notice the difference between a HDD and SSD in terms of game loading times.

Also totally silent :D

Soldato
People who say that a SSD doesn't make a difference in games need to try Fallout 4 or GTA V it makes a massive difference! BF4 I can get the advantage of picking my vehicle!

Associate
Hi all,

I have just installed an 120gb SSD for my sons computer (windows) now would it be a good idea to add a 240gb SSD for his games, Steam CS-Go etc?

I am looking at the Crucial BX200 240gb £50 it's not as fast as some out but would this be ok just for games??

shame, should have gone for 240gb straight off the bat, the price defferential wiuld be minimal. 120gb is really restrictive, i have it on a laptop with just bare essental software.

Soldato
Soon fill up 240GB with games. Most are coming in at 25GB+ these days.

Either aim higher (IE. larger SSD). Or go for a decent Mech HD is my opinion.

Associate
The performance difference between a budget SSD and a more premium one is next to nothing. Unless you have a stopwatch to hand you won't notice the difference.

^^+1. I'd say go right ahead and buy the BX200 OP. It won't make much of a difference to loading times if you splash out on an expensive SSD.

Associate
^^+1. I'd say go right ahead and buy the BX200 OP. It won't make much of a difference to loading times if you splash out on an expensive SSD.

not necessirily te cheapest, i got a samsung evo 240gb for a lot cheaper than the crucial bx.

edit: actually for the moment it is, i usually buy stuff from a discount online retialer, i must've bought samsung evo on absolutely knock down price, tey ususally have a few damaged box discounted items. Perhaps product returns due to change of mind or something.

Last edited:
Soldato
People who say that a SSD doesn't make a difference in games need to try Fallout 4 or GTA V it makes a massive difference! BF4 I can get the advantage of picking my vehicle!

Funny you should mention GTA V because that is the one game where I can't see any difference. It's just as slow loading as it was from my mechanical drive. :/

Associate
Funny you should mention GTA V because that is the one game where I can't see any difference. It's just as slow loading as it was from my mechanical drive. :/

depends on the play style, some people might be really bad at it and keep needing to reloadi from a save file.

Back
Top Bottom