3rd time my PC has frozen - windows 10

Associate
New PC and it's the 3rd time it's frozen whilst on the desktop.

First time I was in my documents trying to make a shortcut to desktop
Second time was today when I turned the pc on, went to the screen before I enter my password, but mouse wasn't working, or keyboard, so I assume it froze again.
Third time was just now, whilst browsing.

All it does it just freeze the cursor. It doesn't blue screen or fix itself, just freezes until I have to power off and back on again.

Never had a problem in games (yet).

Any idea on what could be causing the problem with these random freezes? First time I've ever used windows 10, and it's the Pro version. Not sure if it's something to do with my new PC components or windows itself..

:confused:

Associate
OP
Just did it again. Finished playing tomb raider for a few hours. Go back to desktop and it freezes a few minutes after :S

Associate
OP
The ram can only go in grey channels. When I tried it on Black originally, it never booted up. It's a new build that I did the other day.

Can't change where the gpu is either.

Associate
OP
It's frozen so much today.. at least 5 times now :/

I have:

Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
i5 6600k
HyperX Fury 16gb 2133 DDR4
Zotac AMP Omega 980ti
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD
EVGA 650 W G2 GOLD 80+ Modular PSU

I haven't touched anything to do with motherboard. I guess that could be it?

Associate
I'm running f6h fine.

Try resetting the BIOS, ensure all the voltages including the ram is correct. If I remember correctly the xmp profile sets the ram voltage & timings correctly.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My windows 10 has been doing this too, randomly when I'm not doing anything strange, nothing in the event viewer, no BSOD just a lock up.

Nothing wrong with the hardware, nothing has changed. I upgraded from Windows 7.

I'm going to have to re-install now...

Back
Top Bottom