Shut the *** up headset needed

Caporegime
Can any of you guys recommend a headphone for gaming that cuts most if not all sound from external sources when worn? I don't need a microphone and my Asus soundcard has a headphone amp

Associate
I forgot to mention the UE6000 has active noise cancellation, in case you didn't know.

Not that it's much cop, luckily they're pretty well isolated without it. It does turn a nice warmish-neutral phone into a v shaped monster though, ideal for movies. Not so much music tho.

Associate
DT770 are fairly neutral I think; my preference would be the UE6000 with NC turned on for that extra "oomph" for gaming and, especially if you have dolby headphone which transfers the LFE channel across, movies.

For music, probably DT770.

Soldato
Wouldn't say they are neutral tbh, not by a long shot. They actually have more of a V-shape signature, with somewhat laid back or marginally recessed mids.

Caporegime
OP
Must admit I do like the comfortable look of the DT770's, but the noise cancelling UE6000's also have the edge. Problem is those are battery powered, why can't they just be powered off a usb, bah!

Cheers guys!!

Caporegime
OP
Think I'll go for the DT770's, your posts and this swayed me

I have these and used them with my front panel audio for some time. I eventually got a DAC because I was getting some interference noise. They are very comfortable for long periods, have a wide-open soundstage, and sound excellent for games and music. They are also great at isolating sounds, as I can't hear my aircon, pc, or neighbors while wearing them. At the time I had noisy roommates, but if I were buying now I'd get something open-backed instead. My ears get rather hot after awhile.

Soldato
reddit hype train incoming

Fostex THX 00's are getting a lot of rep atm if you have a spare $400 (I think i will be jumping on these in a few months)

Back
Top Bottom