Asus ROG Real Benchmark

Caporegime
just benched my ivy system [email protected]

731 points

ifbhbd.jpg

Soldato
3570k showing its weakness in the encoding which is no surprise ofc. This is actually a really good benchmark maybe not for everyone but for Us at OcUK it tells us how a system is performing and where it sits in comparison to other set ups in a very quick and informative benchmark.

Soldato
3570k showing its weakness in the encoding which is no surprise ofc. This is actually a really good benchmark maybe not for everyone but for Us at OcUK it tells us how a system is performing and where it sits in comparison to other set ups in a very quick and informative benchmark.

+1. Spot on I think.

Associate

Agreed, but for all but the graphics system. Upgrading my old 5870 to a 770 makes no difference in the scores (I didn't expect them to). The clock speed, number of threads and perhaps to some extent memory access seem to be the major factors for this test.

Soldato
OP
I tried overclocking further and did a re-test. It made very little difference to the scores :S.

Shame i can't overclock memory. Perhaps someone over at ocuk can overclock some high performance memory and see if that makes any difference?

Associate
So would this be a good program to test stability for an OC?. As I was using OCCT and ADIA64 for stress testing both passed on my OC but then I did my first video encoding and the system BSOD!?. So not very confident on those 2 program's to give a good indication if your OC is stable or not

Soldato
So would this be a good program to test stability for an OC?. As I was using OCCT and ADIA64 for stress testing both passed on my OC but then I did my first video encoding and the system BSOD!?. So not very confident on those 2 program's to give a good indication if your OC is stable or not

Why not use this in addition to the other stress tests - you mention failing on encoding, well this tests for that, so may be a good one for you to use. How about prime95 as well?

Mark

Associate

For stability testing (and general "finding the right OC settings") I'd recommend starting with Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU), use the CPU stress test at 5 min there to test stability, and use the profiles to remember and modify your settings after each stable test. Once you've found the right settings, go for a ~10 min AIDA64 stability test. If that crashes, nudge the voltage up a little and try again until AIDA64 is stable too. Then try Handbrake ... if that manages to encode a feature length film I don't think you'll see any other crashes. Once you've got all the settings stable through XTU, write them down and enter them in the bios.

This is what I did anyway and it has worked well ... not seen any crashes since sorting my overclock this way.

Back
Top Bottom