Hard Line spec check request

Soldato
First time with hard pipe, so looking for a spec check.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £459.81
(includes shipping: £11.10)

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks good to me. Unsure about the bending kit with 12mm tube as I used 16mm in my build.

Bending rubber is fine as it is 10mm diameter.

Other than that I would buy a valve so you can drain the system if need be. Wants to be if possible lowest point in the loop. Makes draining much easier. Valve and any other fittings such as t fitting etc if pump is the lowest point.

What are you cooling with the single 120mm radiator?

I would consider this tool aswell. Makes chamfering inside and out very easy and then simply a quick wipe with the sand paper.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-petg-chamfer-tool-wc-354-xs.html

You will also need something to cut the tube like small hacksaw or pipe cutters.

Edit: you will also need an adapter for the heatgun as it is a standard 2 pin plug. Unless you have a spare plug somewhere you can cut the end off like I ended up doing.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cheers, will get the tool and adapter.

I'm cooling a CPU for now. I'll add a 240mm rad and a GPU block in future. I don't intend to fit a drain point right now as I'm going to fill, bleed and leak test the entire loop before installing in the case.

Soldato
Cheers, will get the tool and adapter.

I'm cooling a CPU for now. I'll add a 240mm rad and a GPU block in future. I don't intend to fit a drain point right now as I'm going to fill, bleed and leak test the entire loop before installing in the case.

I'd just get this then it takes care of all the cutting/shaping:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-petg-easy-cut-easy-bend-toolkit-wc-357-xs.html

Also, you should get a drain port mate... If you are going to add to the loop in the near future whats your plan to get the fluid out? Just pull off a hardline tube and have it spill out everywhere...? Just at a T connector and valve near the base of the loop (off the pump probably).

On another note I would personally get the 240 rad now, add more later if you feel you need it.

Soldato
OP
Looking for a final once over before I order (it's added up to a few quid, so just want to be sure). I've updated OP with current shopping list.

I've changed my plans as I'm building in a bigger case now. I haven't included gpu or cpu blocks in shopping list as they are obvious choices.

Is there a single bending rubber available rather than having to buy both sizes and a saw I won't use? I could only find 10mm singles?

Back
Top Bottom