Mayhems non-staining dyes?

Soldato
Hoping that Mayhems can answer this please?

I've always gone for a clear, colourless coolant; originally a friend of mine said to me "Would you rather have a colourless stain on your carpet or alien green?!" and it's been good advice. I've also seen staining from coloured coolants and as I'm going to be having some custom acrylic work done, I don't want to wreck it. If I were to use Mayhems non-staining dyes, would I have any issues with it staining my loop? Loop will be mostly acrylic but with a small amount of unseen soft tubing.

I've currently got 3 litres of clear, colourless EC6 ready to fill. Would the dyes be compatible with this and still be non-staining? I can deal with a "we're not sure" answer, this is entirely an afterthought and EC6 isn't a Mayhems product.

Many thanks in advance.

Associate
Non staining should not stain your loop how ever there is a cravat. We cannot stop tubing or PTEG from sucking up the coolant via capillary action. None stain versions are mainly based on non staining carpets and the like as we had a few ppl drop there coolants over the carpet and complain about it even though this is way out of our hands.

This is why we introduced these options.

If EC6 is still based on there old formula which we definitely are not sure off because there products are no longer bought from the same source as in the past we see no issue. We have never had any bad reports about EC6 and in our own testing of there older coolants we had no issues.

This is the best advise i can offer you, sorry it cannot be any better.

Going to add we once had a carpet cleaner phone us once "hello i know the answer before i ask! How ever one of my customers has asked i phone you as they have split UV pink dye all over there white carpet! is there away to clean this up". My answer was "did they still have any carpet spare?" in which his laughed and said "i thought so".

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for that. The tubing will either be acrylic or Mayhems glass. There will be some soft Tygon E3603 bit it's not visible and expendable. My carpet is most definitely my fault and my problem if I get it there...and I have done in the past *sigh* I'm mainly concerned about whether it could stain the custom acrylic as that's what would be the most expensive/awkward to replace. If you rekon it wouldn't stain that (?) and should he compatible with the EC6 I've got, I'll probably give it a go as I think it's going to need some contrast.

Going to add we once had a carpet cleaner phone us once "hello i know the answer before i ask! How ever one of my customers has asked i phone you as they have split UV pink dye all over there white carpet! is there away to clean this up". My answer was "did they still have any carpet spare?" in which his laughed and said "i thought so".

Classic, made me laugh.

Im using mayhems soft clear tubing, with clear coolant then added some dye, about 2 months after i added another rad and my tubing had some light stains, but i think that was my fault as used half a bottle of dye.

Could you not get colour acrylic ?

Soldato
OP
I could but I'm going to be getting custom acrylic block work cut and that will be clear. There won't actually be all that much acrylic tube in the end, just from floor to gpu and gpu to cpu.

Back
Top Bottom