X1 UV Clear Blue Premixed Watercooling Fluid kill coil needed?

Soldato
Wow that often? Thats the good thing about using DI water and a kill coil, you can leave it for years. I had the same water in for like 4 years without changing and it was fine, i've switched to mayhems stuff now so i guess ill have to keep an eye on it.

Soldato
It's not like you have to or anything. I, and I'm sure plenty of others on here have used the same fluid (X1 in my case) for a lot longer than a year with no issues.

I imagine that more often than not, people only bother to do it because they're swapping out components and have to drain the loop anyway.

Soldato
Forgive my ignorance as I'm fairly new to this whole WC thing, but other than the obvious swapping of components, staining, funny noises coming from your loop, crazy temp increases etc. why would you NEED to change fluid if there isn't an apparent reason to do so?

I've seen it said that with some coolants, you need to change every few months?!! Is that only for show builds and the crazy colour variants, and it would be for the reasons mentioned above?

los

los

Associate
OP
Well tbh it is in blue UV tubing and I never actually got any UV light in the end, I kinda forgot lol. But now I think about it I wouldnt mind getting some.

los

los

Associate
OP
@los... has the UV effect from your fluid lasted all this time? I have read several reports of it fading.

I've just ordered a couple of UV tubes from here, so will let you know when I try them, although I will obviously have no comparison as to what the fluid was like when new.

Soldato
I've just ordered a couple of UV tubes from here, so will let you know when I try them, although I will obviously have no comparison as to what the fluid was like when new.

UV tubes? What colour? How will you know if it's the liquid or the tube giving you the UV effect lol? Or do you mean UV lights?

los

los

Associate
OP
Soldato

los

los

Associate
OP
Yeah I was looking at the UV led strips, I have no idea I've never used them before. I got free second class delivery, so should be able to tell you Tuesday/Wednesday I reckon

Soldato
Yeah I was looking at the UV led strips, I have no idea I've never used them before. I got free second class delivery, so should be able to tell you Tuesday/Wednesday I reckon

So is this still the UV fluid that's been in your system all this time? Or have you put new stuff in recently? If it's the original, very intrigued to see if you still get a strong UV reaction with it.

los

los

Associate
OP
Well I dont think the fluid glows at all, certainly not in the cpu block, if I hold it right next to the res it lights it up a bit, but I think its just the normal light you can see off it. Although the tubes arent that bright tbh

Back
Top Bottom