Painting radiators

Associate
I have a couple of black ice SR2's and want to spray paint them matt black to match my new case that I've ordered which is the caselabs MAGNUM TH10A, the only problem is I know nothing about spray paint and would like to know if anyone could recommend a make also primer and if its best to get a 2 in one or primer separate? Thanks Mark

Associate
I have a couple of black ice SR2's and want to spray paint them matt black to match my new case that I've ordered which is the caselabs MAGNUM TH10A, the only problem is I know nothing about spray paint and would like to know if anyone could recommend a make also primer and if its best to get a 2 in one or primer separate? Thanks Mark

Have you considered using a Matt Black Tin of Plastikote or Plastidip? you can literally peel it off if you change your mind or do a poor spray job on it.

Soldato
The best finish would require sanding down the rads to get a nice clean surface (I have a few minor rough areas on my Alphacool rads from manufacturing, and the odd ding from being 2nd hand), prime then paint. You don't need to go all the way to the bare metal unless you have some deep scratches, just enough to even out the surface.

Couple of light coats of primer as a base with a wee gentle sanding to ensure the primer is even and smooth, and then a couple of light coats of your black should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom