do i need watercooling?

Soldato
I dont think many people "need" watercoling.

Reasons for getting watercooling:

To look kewl.
To deal with high temps.
To lower temps to allow more headroom for overclocking.
To address noise (WC is not silent either).
Cus why not?

You do not "need" watercooling.

Associate
OP
when im playing games, the fans from my case can make quite a noise, and i turn the case fans up to max, to help with the cooling (not sure if it needs to be done, just have all ways done it)

I have ordered a new gpu to replace my 2 windforce 7950, so it got me thinking about the cpu.

Associate
Download Hardware Monitor from CPU ID. Will give you a quick look at your CPU and Mainboard and GPU temps.

No, you won't *need* watercooling, as Samsung said, you'll just want it. And looking on these forums will only make you want it more.

Associate
Its more down to you.

Unless you overclock your pc there's no need but there's a want.

Its more for the pc enthusiast that do it i like to play about with stuff so if i get a car i want to mod it so when it comes to pcs i want to mod it so to me watercooling is a thing i would do as well why not as said it looks cool as hell.

if your that kind of person then do it if not then dont its all down to personal taste.

Soldato
If you're going to do a good job of it, you would probably need to spend at least £250.

£ for £, air cooling is better and quieter overall. An AIO would be the next step up from air.

Only do it if you WANT to do it. Most of us did it because we could (I suspect).

Looks wise, its much better than having a tower cooler.

Associate
I've been water-cooled for a long time, 14 years :0

Ive managed to reuse many parts as I've changed my components.
So I've generally got my money's worth.

From a performance standpoint it's probably worth less than it used to be.
Overclocks seem to be limited more by silicone than temperature.
On socket A you could run very high volts and get a better clock if you could cool it.
On my current Haswell e system lower temps or higher volts don't gain as much.

Plus aircooling is better than in the past.

You don't need to WAtercooling.

I still do it as I enjoy it and you can keep things quiet when overclocked.

If you just want a quieter system becoming comfortable with higher temps is the best way.
In the past 75degrees load temp would significantly affect your overclock with modern cpu it's less of a problem.

Associate
i had a Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom cooler on my i7 4770k , really liked the cooler but after a year went with watercooling. I mainly went watercooling for gpx card at the time maxwell titan x but did cpu at same time and havent looked back , computers more silent temps are considerably better and looks good :)

Back
Top Bottom