Top-fill reservoir - tube that extend water input below water level?

Permabanned
I am struggling to find a component for my new build.

I want one of the reservoirs to be top-fill... ie, the water enters from the top and exits at the bottom.

I have seen a number of decent WC builds have the component I'm looking for... but I can't seem to find one anywhere.

It's the tube that extends from the water input to below the water level... to stop the trickle noise and vortex created by top-input.

Anyone know what it's called or where to find one?

It's for a Monsoon MMRS reservoir if that makes any difference, but would assume there are G1/4 fittings that should fit any tank.

Thanks

Caporegime
Ek are just push fitting with o rings so don't fit anything except theirs

I have seen people use bitspower Aqua pipes for this as they come with g1/4 threads.

My only concern is whether there is enough thread for the tube and your connector fitting to screw in from each side?

Edit: just seen they do all sorts now including ones which fit all the way through the hole with a smaller tub so you just screw in from the top :)

Last edited:
Associate
Primochill calls it a "flow tube". Bitspower call it a "Aqua tube" I have a primochill one installed in my monsoon MMRS ,was scratching my head trying how to attach fitting on top and tube under same port hole, but managed it by attaching fitting on top first then screwing in tube underneath ,hopefully a tight connection.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Ek are just push fitting with o rings so don't fit anything except theirs

I have seen people use bitspower Aqua pipes for this as they come with g1/4 threads.

My only concern is whether there is enough thread for the tube and your connector fitting to screw in from each side?

Edit: just seen they do all sorts now including ones which fit all the way through the hole with a smaller tub so you just screw in from the top :)

There isn't much thread, so that was one of my concerns that it might interfere with the thread for the main connection and leave space for a leak.

Sounds like dshalky's suggestion might do the trick though as he has the same res as me :)

Primochill calls it a "flow tube". Bitspower call it a "Aqua tube" I have a primochill one installed in my monsoon MMRS ,was scratching my head trying how to attach fitting on top and tube under same port hole, but managed it by attaching fitting on top first then screwing in tube underneath ,hopefully a tight connection.

Thanks... I didn't even know what name of component to search for, so that has helped me greatly.

As you're using the same res as me, I'm sure that primochill piece will work well for me.

Thanks for the help.

It's OK as it is, but while I like the sound of running water, I'd rather have a silent build - so the removed trickle noise will be beneficial for me & the removed vortex will help with bubble creation.

Permabanned
OP
Yup, a little - it would be useful if they could offer a standard name for the part - even if they want to brand it differently.

Oh well, all sorted now - thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

The water trickle isn't the most annoying thing in the world, but it's rather get rid of it and the bubbles it creates.

Soldato
Yup, a little - it would be useful if they could offer a standard name for the part - even if they want to brand it differently.

Oh well, all sorted now - thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

The water trickle isn't the most annoying thing in the world, but it's rather get rid of it and the bubbles it creates.

When you think about how you described it though you can see why... Urm "Thing that kinda goes in to water in res so it doesnt make noise and bubble tube?"

Back
Top Bottom