EK DDC 3.2 PWM pump not starting

Associate
Is this tapping the DDC pump to get it going normal?
My ek DDC has started playing up again, this time the filter and my blocks are clean.

I think the options available are a small starting handle, or the clockwork boost start where you wind it up. :)

It's really just pot luck with the Chinese quality control, probably best to have a spare, even if it means swapping over to return the faulty one.

Associate
Me too! I have the same EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite - Acetal (incl. pump) from performance-pcs. I've RMA'ed once already am having same issue now. Tapping on pump seems to work for now but is a drag opening PC each time I boot up. I am using lab quality clear water, flushed my system and rad thoroughly, ran with a filter on a bench after that so am quite certain it's not my setup. It is my first PWM pump so am wondering if they are worth the trouble or is it a quality problem or what. I've never had unreliable pumps before and now have had two back to back!

Question, if I go RMA again and decide to change to the D5 .. can I adapt it so it fits into same pre-drilled holes in my case?

Associate
Same pump(different top) but same problem. Really annoyed with this. A d5 wont fit in my case so only option is to get new ddc to replace. I just want a pump that works!

Associate
Hey guys, My DDC has started doing the same here. Pulses as if trying to start but never makes it. I got the EK kit back in June this year. It first did it on the 3rd Oct, so I stripped the pump and cleaned it out, that seemed to fix it. It did it again last week so cleaned again, but now it's failed again this morning. Such a PITA. I've ordered a D5 as I need it up and going in the short term. I bought the kit from Amazon so not sure I can RMA just the Pump from the Kit, anyone tried?

Associate
My pump is doing the same EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite - Phoned up OC and to be honest the customer service was poor - Talk about having to wait weeks to get a replacement. Do we have to RMA with OC or EK?

Associate
I've had the same thing happen (holy thread resurrection). However, wrinkle, I bough the pump in 2016 and due to various life issues didn't build until six months ago with it. Same symptom - doesn't initially start (and thanks) tapping helps it get going.
EK Water Blocks EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite - Acetal(incl. pump)

Back
Top Bottom