Help with Non rotary fittings

Associate
Hi,

I'm learning my lessons on my first wc build. Sadly I ordered from China some 90 degree NON ROTARY fittings and when I screw them in the components they face all other directions but the one I want. Any tips on how to make them face the correct direction while keep a snug fit?

Thanks in advance!

the uber noober... :(

Associate
OP
I would buy the correct fittings.

Leak will be much more expensive IMHO.

If you add washers then make sure you do a good leak test.

You gotta point! hehe... It's just the rush of finishing the rig... :D

I guess, I'll just leave for holidays and finish it when I'm back, rushing might be more expensive...

Soldato
I've used these for ages, ive never had a leak out of them yet. Adding extra washers can work but be careful not to overtighten them as the washer will just squash out of the side. I've also noticed the threads start in different places on the fittings so if you have a few of them try each of them in each position as you might find one works where another doesnt. The other method i used was to cut some spacers out of plastic by drawing around a fitting and using a sharp knife. I then put the spacer on and another washer after it, this way the second washer wont squash out of the side and you can tighten it right up.

I would only bother doing any of this if you need the extra low profile angled fittings, if your not restricted by space just get some rotaries :)

Associate
Hi,

I'm learning my lessons on my first wc build. Sadly I ordered from China some 90 degree NON ROTARY fittings and when I screw them in the components they face all other directions but the one I want. Any tips on how to make them face the correct direction while keep a snug fit?

Thanks in advance!

the uber noober... :(
been there, wish someone would invent A rotary fitting with a male ends

Back
Top Bottom