Best block for MSI 1080 Armor OC

Gangster
OcUK Staff
The Only one I have tried is the EK water block and this is a very good block. I think bitspower do one which I have not tried but you cant really fail with EK.

Soldato
The Only one I have tried is the EK water block and this is a very good block. I think bitspower do one which I have not tried but you cant really fail with EK.

Going to guess about 99% of the people here that will have used one are also EK... That goes for all GPUs probably.

Man of Honour
Not all block manufacturers will have one that fits that card. As for the EK blocks, you need one of the EK-FC1080 GTX TF6 blocks for that card. Personally I have abandoned EK after the abysmal support I recieved earlier in the year on blocks that where leaking and still in warranty. I have replaced my EK gpu block with a Aquacomputer Kryographic which just look's gorgeous.

Soldato
Hi guys, just looking for some suggestions, user experience etc on what's the best block to use on my MSI 1080 Armor .OC.

Cheers

I use the pre-filled* EK waterblock for the Armor and the back plate, superb product. (*using a Predator 360).
(Use their configuration for the exact model should be the same at the Gaming X one).

Please note it needs 1 more step to install it that is not described in the manual. You have to removed the "Armor" shroud after you remove the heat sink. There are 2 screws near the front plate there the monitor connections are.

1080WC_zps8mtmgiht.png

The shroud is this black plate covering half the VRAM and the VRMs

20160818_200059_zpsgarpk8h3.jpg

Use a tiny dot of the EK paste to the VRMs and VRAM to hold the pads and for better cooling. And just do an X on the GPU.

I would advice having a fan to blow air on the board, because some electonics near the powerplug are left out. Just in case if you do not have a direct air flow around that area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom