Watercooled Case Gallery

Soldato
Everyone who is water-cooled please post pics. Please keep this thread for pics only, post comments somewhere else please. Only one pic per poster.

The idea is for this to form a reference thread for water-cooling examples.

Mine:

rig2a.jpg

rig1new.jpg

new_rig1b.JPG

IMG_7342.JPG

Last edited:
Permabanned
1.JPG

Danger den 3 - CPU block
Danger den Z chip - NB block
Danger den Radeon - GFX block
Eheim 1250 pump
Balck Ice Extreme rad - shroud with 2 X 120mm fans
Modded tank-o-matic res (drilled out for 1/2 inch)
PVC tubing

Soldato
Mine:

samcat_watercooled_pc_2003_04_06.jpg

Rad is a thermochill 92.1, takes a 92mm fan (I am running two, one pushing, one pulling). The one pulling is mounted to a 92mm fan chassis without a fan so that there is a nice (over 2") standoff from the fan to radiator.
The fans are YS-tech 92mm quiet fans. All fans in pc are attached to my 3.5" rheobus (12v - 7v)..

Cpu block is OCPC atlantis aluminum top (had issues with acrylic top - it cracked and leaked!)

Res is from *competitor*, and contains a maxijet pump.

Water comes out of the res (top right of the picture) from the bottom barb, Flows into the radiator (bottom right of the picture) then out of the rad into the flow meter, from this into the cpu, From the CPU to the inline temp sensor, then back into the res.

Have been running seti for the last few hours, as well as playing games etc and MBM5 reports the following:

AVERAGES TEMPS
CPU (on die temp) 32oC
Northbridge temp 35oC
Under CPU 21oC
Ambient 21oC (from a seperate probe, not on the mobo)

MAX TEMPS
CPU (on die temp) 40oC
Northbridge temp 39oC
Under CPU 29oC

Water temp is currently 27.7oC

Cpu is a brand spanking new 1700+ now running at 180*11 = 1980Mhz... this is with NO pci/agp etc locks.... KD7 - raid mobo :D

Northbridge will be joining the watercooled party soon, along with the GFX card. :)

Cya,
Sam C

Associate
most of these pics are far too tidy, so here's some pics of my latest setup!

3-blocks-internal.jpg

bit of a mess in there, had a lot of difficulty routing the tube due to the hard drive waterblock, and i sold my gfx card waterblock and got a zalman to make things a little easier

system is an xp1700+ currently @ 1950mhz @1.65v (but its going to go a lot further soon!), board is an Epox 8RDA+ with 2*256meg samsung pc2700 @ 195fsb synch with the processor, timings 4,3,3,2.5, gfx card is a radeon 9500np, currently at stock, but soon to become the victim of some overclocking once i'm done with the processor :D

Radbox-1.jpg

my new radiator setup, not quite finished, its an old case so once i've acquired a new dremel (killed my old one doing the brackets to hold the radiators in place) i can make vent holes in the side, put some galvanised mesh over the holes, and it should look quite professional (i hope!)
the radiators are both from metros, cost me £4, 2 hours and several cut fingers destroying a couple of metros in a scrap yard :D the reservoir is a cold water holder thiefed from our fridge (cos we never use it) and the rest of the stuff like the case and copper i had kicking around, so this hasn't cost me much

Radbox-2.jpg

another pic just to demonstrate how small the radbox is, hence why it was so excessively hard to make everything fit in there (look at the clearance gap between the top of the rad and the bottom fitting of the reservoir, couldn't have been a tighter fit if i'd tried!) everything is held very firmly in place in the radbox so that its nice and portable too, which was the whole point in making it

http://www.nutter-house.fsnet.co.uk/Watercooling/Internal-4-blocks.jpg
http://www.nutter-house.fsnet.co.uk/Watercooling/dual-setup.jpg
http://www.nutter-house.fsnet.co.uk/Watercooling/dual-front.jpg

here are some pics of my old setup, took this apart a few months ago cos it was just too big and i couldn't move it anywhere at all, plus i wanted something which looked a little nicer
(i also stripped the watercooling stuff out of my case just before this as i had a leak which nearly wrote off my radeon, luckily i saved it with a week in the airing cupboard!)

i'll put up a few more pics when i've finally finished the radbox.....

Last edited:
Associate
And still waiting to be added in to the equation... I've got a chiller halfway thru testing / setting up but it ain't performing right yet... so have another on it's way (used bar flash-chillers)

For now it gets used as the shop fridge.... altho frozen milk has become a problem...

DSC00030.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
in continuation from my post on the first page of this thread showing my unfinished radbox, i've finally got round to cutting and finishing the cover!

Radbox-finished.jpg

the bits behind the mesh aren't quite so visible in real life, and the many layers of paint and laquer on the case make it really nice and shiny :D
better still, having the cover over the radbox hasn't affected the temperatures at all, i was worried that putting the cover on might cause the water to retain more heat, but it doesn't seem to make any difference :)

Associate
A well deserved bump and my new offering:

case1.jpg

casei.jpg

rb25.jpg

case2.jpg

In the H'aloominum rad box is a mini heater core that leaked which is why the water is white because i put radweld in it (stops leaks, corrosion and lubes pump as it says on the tin).

I still need to spray the radbox black and add uv lights to the inside (i have uv water die in there), plus a few other odds and ends.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom