Antec H1200 Kuhler Pro Problem

Associate
Hi.
I recently bought Antec H1200 Kuhler. While working is making odd noise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoo5pMKQ9Fc
I was unsure hot to connect him correctly. There are two plugs from pump (sata power and 3 pin) and 4 pin from fans. So when i have 3 pin pump connect to sys_fan or cpu_fan he make that noise. When i have only sata power and fans connect is ok, temp 22 on cpu after running for 15m. How i can tell if pump is working correctly? Its fine like that? :D

btw cpu i5 skylake and Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3

Associate
Hi.

I don't have one but as I understand it, you either connect the 3-pin or the SATA, not both.

And if you connect the 3 pin, you need to make sure in the BIOS you set it to 100%, not automatic. This pump as far as I know doesn't not support variable speed control.

If you connect by 3 pin you can read the pump, whereas if you connect by SATA you obviously cannot.

Associate
OP
Hi.

I don't have one but as I understand it, you either connect the 3-pin or the SATA, not both.

And if you connect the 3 pin, you need to make sure in the BIOS you set it to 100%, not automatic. This pump as far as I know doesn't not support variable speed control.

If you connect by 3 pin you can read the pump, whereas if you connect by SATA you obviously cannot.

i think pump dont have variable speed. what u mean by reading the pump? if speed is always the same what information i get? same with changing the BIOS, in my understanding doesnt matter if setting is 100% or automatic because its always work with the same speed.

Associate
That's right. The pump doesn't support variable speed, so your motherboard should not be giving it variable voltage. The motherboard doesn't know whether it's a fan or a pump, it just varies the voltage if you tell it to in the BIOS.

Also "doesn't support variable speed" = if you give it variable speed it'll struggle and shorten its lifespan. It doesn't mean it will stay the same speed if you give it different voltage. And in your video it sounds like the pump is struggling.

In short, try it and see.

Associate
The pump runs at full speed powered from the sata and is not adjustable. The 3 pin plug only has one wire and thats only to monitor the speed of the pump.

Back
Top Bottom