Dell 2408 on the way

Soldato
Yeah got my hopes up well and truely..... only thing is dunno if I can have the patience to wait on rumours.

Wish there was some concrete info on this and when its out.....

Regardless I know soon as I get my next 24" screen can bet it will get announced and on ocuk site.

Man of Honour
i'm sure it will be on it's way soon, just waiting for some further information. My thoughts are that it is likely to be same design as the new 3008WFP model, and will prob have DisplayPort.

Soldato
I hope it looks identical to the 2407WFP-HC as then I can just buy another. Hopefully it just fixes the ghosting issue and adds DisplayPort.

Pretty much everyones hopes that is, only issue is I still recall 3 months ago when I got my PC and my Samsung 245B 24" LCD there was rumours of Dells new 24" screens arriving and they did.... TN though !

Would be nice to have a updated one with the new connection and no ghosting but still my gut tells me it aint gonna be soon.

Associate
In fact no it's (Form TFT Central)

The 2408WFP will feature a DisplayPort interface as many have expected, and in keeping with the recently released 3008WFP model. There will also be VGA, DVI-D, S-Video, Composite, Component and HDMI available. The screen will also offer the usual 1920 x 1200 resolution for a 24"WS monitor, and also a 6ms G2G response time, 1300:1 contrast ratio, 400 cd/m2 brightness and 178/178 viewing angles. The backlighting will feature a 7 CCFL U-type system capable of offering a gamut covering 102% of the NTSC colour space, an improvement even over the Dell 2407WFP-HC (92%).

Associate
doubt it's going to be s-ips at $750.

Dell will only use IPS on the 30", Im 99% sure DELL will not use IPS on anything smaller.

The panel type is interesting since samsung do not have a panel with this spec then again this was the same situation with the 2407-HC.

Just to let people know LG Philips have new 24" and 26" S-IPS LCD modules on the way with 102% gamut. The 24", 26" and 30" will all be more or less identical specwise with only the size to differenciate them.

LG will have the W2600 (26") and the W3000 (30") monitors avaiable in April/May. NEC will probably update the 90 series sometime then.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
the spec definitely suggests S-PVA, think it's an updated panel from Samsung, but waiting for the spec to be announced on their panel part site :)

Associate
Dell will only use IPS on the 30", Im 99% sure DELL will not use IPS on anything smaller.

Well my 2001FP is a S-IPS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_monitors

Anyone got any clues of how long we might be waiting, does Dell take long between these first tid-bits of information and an actual sales release; and can we expect OcUK to have them on release or afterwards?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom