****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
Well it's a free game so worth having a shot to see if it tickles you. I have an invite code for T15 tank, 500 gold and 3 days premium account if you want to try it.

Soldato
I had a quick go round a mates this afternoon before we had to do other stuff.
Got back about 11pm, downloaded and started playing. At 3:30am its now time for bed.

Although I don't really have any clue as to what I'm doing, its a lot of fun.

Associate
Well made abit of change for me any way.

Decided to play this patch vanilla (No mods)

And well - the numbers speak for themselves

Saturday 96 games played, almost a 70% wr!! and 2.7k wn8!

Sunday dunno how many games, wr was lower 47 (teams were just so bad though) yet wn8 even with a few garbage games was over 1500.

Overall last seven dayss almost 60% wr and 1800 wn8

All with out mods.

Made me think, do I need the mods any more, and what am I missing?

What I don't miss

Ingame
XVM
Icons

In Garage
Most of it

What I miss

In Game
Hit log
Damage blocked
John cleese spotted image
A-Team spotted call out

In Garage
Session stats
Crew auto move
Dual row Carosal

And even that may shrink.

think I may keep vanila and jsut see what happens this patch - could end up playing mod free or very very basic mods at most

Well I caved and got the VK4503.

It's gun stats are phenomenal, think Tiger but even better (except fire rate) meaning that I can snapshot enemy tanks and usually still pen them, more so than in most other tanks. I can see myself probably playing this more than my IS-2B.

It is about the same speed as the Tiger, not much in it. The armour is moderately better than the Tiger's, but not by enough to say it's a selling point. Overall it is a pretty fun tank.

In regards to mods, I need them less each patch as they eventually add them to the game. I currently use a modified version of QB's modpack (ie no QB's face for sixth sense, don't dislike the guy, but seeing his face every time I'm spotted is a bit much and my version is updated to a later core version) and so XVM comes with that. The auto-return of crews in the garage is one of the most useful parts, that and the hit-log.

Soldato
I never used mods apart from Battle Assistant for arty, only thing I'd like to see is damage log so I know if anyone is spamming APCR/HEAT.

My laptop is throttling big time again, seems new paste and pads only worked for a few weeks so back to playing low 20s and below on urban maps which is just about unplayable.

Associate
I'm now on all of the final missions for the T55-A.

HT - (12,000) been within 500 on my IS-7 but that was the most damage I've done in any game.
TD - (6,000) done it before in my FV215b 183 but only once
MT - ( 2 x higher TD's) doesn't seem too bad
LT - (7000) - tough!
SPG (top damage, XP, and 3000) doesn't seem too bad.

Soldato
I wish I found out the weekend was x2 for every battle sooner than Sunday.
Even so with some 100% personal reserves I made a fair bit of progress towards my Obj. 140, FV215b 183 and FV215b on Sunday. I also unlocked the 155mm on the T30.

I'm also getting much better and making loads of progress. My win rate for the last 30 days (304 battles) is 61%, which kind of makes up the mysterious bad spell where it absolutely tanked for seemingly no reason. I also noticed that my WN8 had jumped from ~1490 to 1529 which is good.

I got my Ace Tanker in the Challenger which is crazy, I still can't wait to sell it for the Charioteer though as I love the L7 on the mediums. I also got my first ever 2nd barrel mark...on my Comet of all things.

My brother who is my recruit is also on 993,000 experience earned for me so only 7,000xp from getting me the T95E2. It turns out that people who had a dormant account when you invited them to get back and play the game don't get you the T92E2 when they get a tier 10 tank, that's only the case for brand new recruits, others need to earn 1,000,000 xp.

All in all I seem to be going through a good spell, which is worth sharing in this game as you go through periods of being so frustrated you wonder why you play it.

Soldato
Challenger is just such an utter piece of ****. Really can't sugar coat anything about this tank, I'll just have to play it like an awful version of an already awful VK 30.02 (D).

Soldato
Basically only reason I am playing it but boy is it going to be a long grind. Really at a point where game isn't that enjoyable and little too slow without a premium account as it's taking quite some time to grind out the tanks and their upgrades. At the same time it's a conundrum of not being sure I want to put any more money on this game.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm now on all of the final missions for the T55-A.

HT - (12,000) been within 500 on my IS-7 but that was the most damage I've done in any game.
TD - (6,000) done it before in my FV215b 183 but only once
MT - ( 2 x higher TD's) doesn't seem too bad
LT - (7000) - tough!
SPG (top damage, XP, and 3000) doesn't seem too bad.

1 month in, about 500 games and 0 missions completed

Associate
Completed HT15 for the 260 this weekend

Blocked 14k alone on the nose of the VKB :) + 2k damage and 1900 points for the tanks hitpoints

So I have left

TD 10 Hidden Menace - 4k damage with out being spotted....... ok done it loads of time when I haven'thad it on

TD12 Big Game Hunting - kill 3 HT and 4k Damage

TD15 - 8K Damage

LT15 - 8k Spotting

SPG15 - Top Exp, Top Damage 3k plus damage

It's getting closer :)

Soldato
Making good progress myself on the T28, finished LT missions few weeks back now, MT and TD missions are on last 3 but I'm stuck on a silly ram HT mission for weeks now, sod's law really. Also need to invest into a good artillery piece to start catching up with SPG ones, only one I own is M44 but I do have S-51, Crusader SP and Lorraine 155 50 unlocked. Which one would be the best line to pursue for the missions?

Soldato
Making good progress myself on the T28, finished LT missions few weeks back now, MT and TD missions are on last 3 but I'm stuck on a silly ram HT mission for weeks now, sod's law really. Also need to invest into a good artillery piece to start catching up with SPG ones, only one I own is M44 but I do have S-51, Crusader SP and Lorraine 155 50 unlocked. Which one would be the best line to pursue for the missions?

I did most of my T28 missions with the French premium arty LEFH 18B2 :D

Your M44 could do most of the missions, just fire HEAT. The S-51 will be good for damaging 2 people at the same time (destroying 1 of them).

I was on SPG15 for the T-55A, took my Batchat 155.58 out to troll and accidentally completed the mission with honours. I was planning on using the gun carriage or M44 with HEAT to do it but oh well :)

So far on T55-A I have MT15 to do but that's easy, just need the right MM with 2 higher tier TDs on enemy team

TD15 - again easy with the FV 183, done over 8k before in it and often do 6k so not bothered

HT - loads of them. Only done about 7 or 8. I've done the platoon ones but i'm stuck on the capping/decapping with 3k damage one. I find I am no where near either cap when I have 3k+ damage so this one will take a while. Not so bothered about HT15 when I get there because I've done it many times before with my E-100 and IS-4 in just normal play. I am also about to unlock the tier 9 VK :D

Lights - dont plan on doing them, rather do the rest with honours. I didn't do lights for T28 missions either. I have some good lights but the missions annoy me too much (although I maybe forced to for the 5th female crew member if I want to use them in the 2nd US TD line) :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah yeah forgot about the sickening penetration of heat on M44, only issue will be the splash damage and that's where the big dumb S-51 gun will come in handy. I did all the Stug IV and half T28 missions on AMX 13 F3 which I actually loved, probably should have held on to it as next SPGs in line don't tickle my fancy!

With my not playing light tanks much up until about 6 months ago, I found their missions very easy. Finished LT-15 while alt and tabbed out in a bush, 7.5k spotting damage in the end heh.

Still hate the Challenger with passion, 25% WR after 30 games despite having a positive damage and kill ratio, absolute potato :p

Back
Top Bottom