Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
Quite liking Chaos so far, it's quite liberating not having to worry about defending towns and just going full offensive.

Another question though, if there a way to affect growth rate?

Soldato
Quite liking Chaos so far, it's quite liberating not having to worry about defending towns and just going full offensive.

Another question though, if there a way to affect growth rate?

I'm assuming you mean horde growth?

You must, must, MUST make the + horde growth ability for your Lord first (it's on the bottom of the 3 bars) as it hugely speeds everything up. Also raiding steadily increases it and razing a city is a large one off boost.

Associate
I am so interesting in buying this game but may wait until is goes down in price.. is it as gd as the reviews?

Any word on the next game in the franchise? will they make the 2 more Warhammer games before releasing anymore historical stuff?

I NEED Med 3!

Caporegime
Finished my first campaign as Empire last night - Long victory conditions and took me about 180 turns on normal ( think that was the difficulty anyway).

I thoroughly enjoyed it and think the game is very good. From a technical perspective, it is very well made in terms of stability/bugs - Played the whole campaign without a single glitch, bug or crash. very good :). Performance in massive battles still leaves a lot to be desired but have fingers crossed the DX12 patch might help with this though as it should reduce the CPU bottle necking.

A few negatives/ where there is room for improvement:

-Sieges are naff, skipped through most of them and auto resolved ( already posted my thoughts on why earlier in the thread)

-Large battles (ie 2 or 3 full stacks) are simply too cumbersome to control. There is so much more micromanagement what with all the power ups and magic, etc that managing all this with 3 stacks is just a nightmare. Whilst i never thought this would be a downside, the sheer amount of unit variety doesn't help as the AI often fills armies with loads of different units so you are constantly having to try and match your troops with theirs (in terms of what is good against what etc). Doing this with 2 or 3 full stacks coupled with all the micro management of magic and perks/powers gets silly.

- AI agent spam is ridiculous. They should have more armies and less agents. In my campaign i finally got to taking on the Vampire Counts who had about 7 or 8 provinces but they must have had 10+ high level irritating agents buzzing about blocking armies/assassinating/damaging buildings but hardly any armies!? By the end I had so much army power that i just ignored enemy agents until they were wiped out. I couldn't make any agents that would stand a chance against level 28 ones anyway so...

I realise some of my negatives will be due to my shortcomings playing the game but they are still negatives in my view.

Still, great game and very much looking forward to the new races/bigger map etc.

Going to try and take over the whole map with Empire then start a Dwarf campaign i think.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the sieges are ok but definitely agree on agent spam. My counter now is to actively go hunting agents with mine and tbh it's been far less of a problem since!

On the battles, I actually enjoy that, I pause battles occasionally to survey the current weak spots and react accordingly whilst setting up powers etc.

Soldato
Finished campaign conditions for Empire the other day, good fun! I think I'll conquer the map by wiping out the last of the Skael up north and the Orcs down south but shouldn't take much longer. Next up, re-run of dwarf campaign!

Can't wait for next game or whatever and the addition of Elves.

Caporegime
Finished campaign conditions for Empire the other day, good fun! I think I'll conquer the map by wiping out the last of the Skael up north and the Orcs down south but shouldn't take much longer. Next up, re-run of dwarf campaign!

Can't wait for next game or whatever and the addition of Elves.

Haha your progress and thoughts on this game are exactly the same as mine. Just finished Empire, going to finish of the orcs then start a dwarf campaign and I too can't wait for Elves to be added :p

Also, just tried the DX12. Pretty sure it has made a good difference to cpu bottlenecking.

Caporegime
Much-needed feature, but no way should it be paid DLC.

Isnt it paid DLC so that they dont have to give the game an 18 rating though?

I think that is fair enough as they would lose a lot of sales if it was an 18, but I think even £2 is a bit steep. Would be more palatable if they just made it 50p or something.

Soldato
So my average FPS on my GTX 970 is actually lower using DX12 than it is with DX11.

Drops by about 5/6FPS.

Hopefully this is due to it being "beta".

I've just had a play around with a 980ti. Using ultra presets I'm loosing around 10 FSP in DX12 vs DX11.

The Game is AMD sponsored so will probably makes heavy use of A-sync compute in DX12, I wouldn't expect Nvidia cards to improve that much.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just had a play around with a 980ti. Using ultra presets I'm loosing around 10 FSP in DX12 vs DX11.

The Game is AMD sponsored so will probably makes heavy use of A-sync compute in DX12, I wouldn't expect Nvidia cards to improve that much.

I wasn't expecting a massive improvement but a drop of 5/6 Average FPS is a bit disappointing.

Soldato
Haha your progress and thoughts on this game are exactly the same as mine. Just finished Empire, going to finish of the orcs then start a dwarf campaign and I too can't wait for Elves to be added :p

Also, just tried the DX12. Pretty sure it has made a good difference to cpu bottlenecking.

SNAP! :D

Back
Top Bottom