*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
There is scope flare and it's pretty noticeable

Ultra settings on a 1070 and it's butter smooth, pretty good for an alpha. Not come across any bugs yet and everything seems to be, so far, well balanced.

Enjoying the fact that the map is pretty large but there's still a lot of places for close quarters stuff too.

In game menu and browser is a bonus

Associate
I got an invite yesterday, been playing this since! :D The visual fidelity is amaizing and the game play is great fun! Really gave my 1080 a work out @1440p / 165hz, sat at around 80-110 fps mark :)

I wasnt sure If I was going to pre-order this one but I definatly am now! ;)

Soldato
^^^ Sounds great so far :)

From the videos the sound effects seem nice much better then bf4.

Sounds have improved overall from BF4.

Weapons sound a lot chunkier, from the explosions to the chink chink when reloading rounds. Sound changes when in buildings and bounces off walls which is a nice effect.

I hadn't pre-ordered as I was going to wait but based on what i've played so far, I'm tempted to pre-order now

Permabanned
lol people pre-ordering already. If the game is under £25 then I can see why you would want to in order to grab a bargain but even though the gameplay as it stands is good, this is DICE and EA who have a habit of changing many things from Alpha for the worse.

Caporegime
lol people pre-ordering already. If the game is under £25 then I can see why you would want to in order to grab a bargain but even though the gameplay as it stands is good, this is DICE and EA who have a habit of changing many things from Alpha for the worse.

This!

Does no one remember how bf 3 and 4 played in the alpha + beta and then what the final release was like lol....

Associate
Got to say, it does look and play a lot better than I thought it would. Tank trolling is great fun, they are pretty blind close up.

Caporegime
it is great fun overall pretty nice some things annoy me though like how i cant totally turn post process off only to low.

snipers are amazing. seen some raging in game where can we play hardcore :D

hardcore it one shot headshot dead just aim :p

can even snipe off the blimps :D i also shot people out the planes and as they parachuted out :p

weather is different i dont know what causes it to change. thick fog is really atmospheric , rain really drops the visibility and then there is clear days.

as a package it is very well done. noticed a few bugs but overall plays pretty well. fps is good.

Permabanned
Can you gas people in tanks? I'm guessing not as I tried it but then the driver did back away.:(

I know you can die from gas whilst in that armoured car :D

Hit reg is surprisingly spot on. Some of the vault animations are broken when going over high walls and I haven't had bad luck deaths from small rocks yet which annoyed the **** out of me in BF4.

I need to test if you can use your weapon whilst vaulting though, you could in BF4 iirc and whether when other players vault if there is a smooth transition in animation, ie if the hit registration is working for players who vault.

The unlimited sprint needs to be toned down though and I understand the map scale is huge but they need to integrate stamina.

Edit Need to test spawn protection too

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do people like the spawn in vehicle mechanics? Can't say i'm sold on spawning directly into a plane, battlefront had that issue where it would take a few seconds before you gained control of it and you could easily take damage in that time frame. This seems to be instant control but still strange to see this in a Battlefield game.

Soldato
Do people like the spawn in vehicle mechanics? Can't say i'm sold on spawning directly into a plane, battlefront had that issue where it would take a few seconds before you gained control of it and you could easily take damage in that time frame. This seems to be instant control but still strange to see this in a Battlefield game.

It seems OK, better than the Battlefront system.

Back
Top Bottom