System Shock Remake!!!!!!!11111one

Caporegime
Yes, I saw this a while ago and thought about posting it on here. I think they're in the process of making the Turok games as well. They did a good job with Strife, too.

Man of Honour
OP
I've also not finished the original. I missed the boat when it first came out and even with the various mods to improve it I just couldn't past how aged and clunky the interface was. Hopefully this will mean I can enjoy it now :)

Soldato
I've also not finished the original. I missed the boat when it first came out and even with the various mods to improve it I just couldn't past how aged and clunky the interface was. Hopefully this will mean I can enjoy it now :)

Yeah that was basically my issue with it too. It's like dark forces was one of my favorite games ever, but no way I'd play it now, not even for a nostalgia trip.

Soldato
I find I can still enjoy even the most dated looking games if I played it when it released, but find it hard to play a dated looking game i haven't played before. So this will be great for me if they do it justice as I am always hearing how great a game it is.

It's right up my street as I love space horrors. Alien Isolation was the first game in a long while that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Soldato
This is probably my all time favourite game - I just finished replaying SS2 over the summer - still great.

I've never heard of Night Dive but from what I've read they seem committed to the brand and passionate about the SS series so that's good.

I simply cannot believe a company I have never heard of has finally bought the complete rights and, effectively, sorted out that entire mess.

Looks like they don't feel big enough to do a full sequel quite yet though

Associate
It sounds like a release may be quite a ways off judging by the article. That may give me time to actually start and finish SS2 that I bought from GOG a while back.

Soldato
System Shock 2 is one of my all time favourite games.

I have not played the original. Well....I tried, but the graphics were too basic even for what I was expecting. I suppose I am missing out. This looks great though!

Caporegime
Thanks for posting that video. Stunning. :cool:

I never played the first game and don't wish to play the enhanced edition; I'm saving myself for this and will buy on release day! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom