*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Soldato
They have. The latest patch added 64bit support which came with numerous graphical updates.

I wonder if that's why my computer is now struggling to run this, my brother is also encountering the same issue. I have an old PC, about 8 years old. Q6600, GTX 260, 6gb ram. I've always been able to max D3 with minimal problems but now I'm seeing some major fps dips, the game actually completely froze on me last night which is rare.

Soldato
So whats with this "merge" items ballache? I'm a member of the ocuk clan but never played this co op

lol, I'll quote your original post and try to explain things in plain english since you seem quite confused.

I've always enjoyed D3 and worked my way through it in single player on normal & started the RoS expansion and have a level 42 character however there's some bits I just dont get so if anyone can advise that would be great...

1. Are seasons a case of starting a new character, and is that character only available for that play through?

2. If I change the act with my character will I lose my current save point in Ros?

3. Is it best to start a new character & new season to access the diablo 1 tribute? (I just had a quick go at this & couldnt see a portal in the old ruins but maybe I need to do something else first?).

It really doesn't matter, I did this on normal mode (non season) as it was available before the season started.

4. I've always fancied playing this with others or some of you guys in the ocuk clan but do I need to get to level 70 or something extreme first?

Seasons last approx 3 months in time where players start the whole Diablo experience from level 1 with no items, no items from your personal stash or gold that you may have in normal mode (sometimes called non season). Currently we're on Season 9 where each season offers vanity rewards as an incentive to lure players in such as a Pet, a character portrait, cosmetic wings, transmogrification, extra personal stash tabs etc which can only be earned by participating in the season and progressing through the seasons objectives (via a seasonal journey which will eventually unlock the rewards).

Each character you create whether in season, normal, hardcore etc will have its own progress throughout story mode, you can go back and return to your current point anytime you wish via the main menu.

The OcUK clan is quite frankly populated with between 0-3 players whenever I was in it (which was for many months, maybe a year+) I'm fairly certain most people who have replied lately aren't apart of the OcUK clan. The only note worthy person I know who is in OcUK is Caphel and he hasn't logged on for almost a month. I do strongly suggest finding a clan where you can ask these questions whenever you need and can get quick answers.

Here is a link to the Clans, Communicites and Friends section on the Diablo Forums
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/4338510/

Also just to add. The "merge" item comment simply means that at the end of each season your seasonal character will become a normal mode character and all of it's items, gold, etc will be transferred over via in game mail (bottom left of the screen). Sometimes players will have for example a Demon Hunter with a set of gear, and when a Seasonal Character has the same set of gear players then need to look at both sets of gear to determine which items are best as in many cases you will end up with the exact same items but with different stats.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if that's why my computer is now struggling to run this, my brother is also encountering the same issue. I have an old PC, about 8 years old. Q6600, GTX 260, 6gb ram. I've always been able to max D3 with minimal problems but now I'm seeing some major fps dips, the game actually completely froze on me last night which is rare.

Diablo has an issue in 64bit at the moment where if you're apart of a community and a line of text appears in chat it can cause momentary fps drops, the same thing happens when achievements pop up, you receive whispers etc. Many people (including myself) have switched back to 32 bit until this issue is resolved.

Associate
Yep got a new character on the go for seasons so giving that a blast & I just read that the Diablo 1 level can only be found via adventure mode. Looks like I need to finish RoS to unlock that though.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Does anyone who plays WD Jades Harvester on 2.4.3. know if typically wormwood is used as a cubed item rather than slot item right?

Also finally got a Starmetal Kuri but i guess despite it being rare, it probably not meta any longer???

Last edited:
Associate
such a meh event for Diablo's 30th anniversary..........done a few videos on it if people want - thinking about doing side by side original to event of say like the butcher to so why new team still doesn't get what makes Diablo; well Diablo.....

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Correct, no longer of any real use.

THe WD meta for this season is Arachyr firebats, it's beastly :D

My real point really was i havent remotely got a sniff of a Starmetal in playing 7 seasons and this season i got 3 :eek:.

The game is totally trolling me. I have spent 3000+ shards and i still havent got a Quetzalcoatl. I would be better spending that on finishing my Arachyr set.

Soldato
My real point really was i havent remotely got a sniff of a Starmetal in playing 7 seasons and this season i got 3 :eek:.

The game is totally trolling me. I have spent 3000+ shards and i still havent got a Quetzalcoatl. I would be better spending that on finishing my Arachyr set.

Like me and the Incense monk torch.

Associate
Had 2 weeks off work to recover from a hernia op so bought D3 & RoS spent quiet a few hours solo levelling a barbarian and crusader to 70 and only just realised i'm on the american servers.

Don't whether to just stay there or start again on the EU server.

Back
Top Bottom