Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Associate
Thats not possible with matchmaking is it? I tend to play morning/early afternoon and I always end up with russians that tend to just voice spam/hack or be utterly terrible. Makes it difficult to get a decent game sometimes

Yes it is!!

It list around 20 'local' lobbies with a national flag that normally indicates the region. It should list mostly uk but what I do is join and just ask in chat if uk.

It's made the solo q experience a lot better for me as when friends aren't on you can normally always get a game with uk players in your team!

Soldato
Had some random brit join and play with us last night again (via nearby lobby). Obviously you can tell from the accent they are proper British player, doesnt mean they are amazing or anything but it makes voice comms easier at least.

I'll find the graph for players by country, Russia and Poland massively outrank us by numbers so you do have to get UK players added manually or the standard MM system mixes UK players up.

If you are totally desperate, want to solo and play MM with english comms. You can select New york server and some people get ping as low as 70's over there.
I find its ok enough, ping can also be over 100 no idea why it varies though

Last edited:

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Been playing a fair bit more again now, couple of games a night.

Getting so fed up with the cheating on this game and the horrific reg at times. Still don't know what it is, but I just struggle against Polish players. It's not psychological either - gone back time and time again and reviewed demos and I'm not missing shots at all, just not hitting due to whatever ridiculous interp the netcode is applying to their positioning.

It's even more cringeworthy when there are people that aren't cheating but are so oblivious to the fact they're getting carried by someone running around and prefiring every corner someone is behind, but doesn't check normal positions or spots.

C'est la vie...

Soldato
Is anyone on here playing this regularly? I'm getting back into it and it would be good to play with the same set of people each time.

Getting fed up with the Russians.

Soldato
I like the snax & nitro pistol rounds, anyone that good with pistol can rearrange the course of the whole match. The clockwork vid set the high mark for me on those vids

Its hard to get 5 regular into a lobby, I know a few groups of players from countries but not anyone who has an exact 5 always to play with or close to that. Actually most of them seemed to have stopped playing as regularly recently
Im only playing at random times and I have a slight injury at the moment. I dont mind being a 5th if thats useful at all, make sure you use this list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n6ruDsC731Nind8UrZTY_bGzPAscnxb_tGd1VTmmTwA/edit#gid=0
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/csgo-ocuk
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ocukcsgo
eaVlrVS.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I have noticed a massive drop off in regular players from my friends list myself included.

Have just been so busy lately moving into the new house I had only been playing pretty much the bare minimum to keep my Global. My standard dropped abit and eventually de ranked back down to Supreme, but quickly got Global back again after playing a bit more regularly and getting my feel back for the game.

I'm starting to feel like MM isnt enough to keep me interested though, I almost feel like I either need to take it more seriously and join a clan or somthing.

Associate
Played 2 Comp games tonight.

first one, after 3 games, constant pleading of "kick me kick me" after 3 rounds. When no one kicks him, he makes a TK and then goes afk.

Second one. Russian abusing everyone on the team. Playing music over TS while a match in play.

Pretty much done with MM now.

Soldato
Anyone else looking forward to the major? :D

Will be trying my hand at the pickem challenge for the first time.
Day one predictions;

1. North
2. G2
3. SK
4. Virtue Pro if pasha turns up but wouldn't be surprised if Optic took it given their recent success
5. Na'Vi but only just
6. EnvyUs if happy performs, having just won WESG they'll have some extra Fire in them
7. Astralis
8. Flipside

Fingers crossed! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Gambit: Dosia, AdreN, mou, HObbit, Zeus
North: cajunb, k0nfig, MSL, Magisk, RUBINO

actually gambit look better on recent form but I'll guess north

Fnatic: discodoplan, olofmeister, dennis, twist, KRIMZ
G2: shox, RpK, bodyy, ScreaM, SmithZz

Fnatic soundly beat G2 recently otherwise I'd say g2

SK: coldzera, FalleN, fer, TACO, fox

HR: ANGE1, STYKO, Zero, bondik, DeadFox

SK are too favoured, its bo1 and first match day but SK are sensible?

VP: Snax, NEO, TaZ, byali, pashaBiceps
TBD: tarik, mixwell, stanislaw, RUSH, NAF

As underdog, go Optic

Na'Vi: seized, Edward, s1mple, flamie, GuardiaN

mouz: chrisJ, NiKo, Spiidi, denis, loWel

Navi only falter at the end?

Liquid: jdm64, EliGE, Hiko, nitr0, Pimp

EnVyUs: NBK-, kennyS, Happy, SIXER, apEX

Liquid as underdogs

Astralis: device, dupreeh, Kjaerbye, Xyp9x, gla1ve
Godsent: pronax, JW, znajder, flusha, Lekr0

Too unknown, inconsistent for now see bo3

TBD: WorldEdit, B1ad3, markeloff, wayLander, electronic

FaZe: aizy, allu, rain, kioShiMa, karrigan

todays most unlikely/upset choice vs Team Problem?

Second one. Russian abusing everyone on the team. Playing music over TS while a match in play.

Pretty much done with MM now.

You can mute people easily with one key if you like.
Recent feature lets you choose team mates by country, its under nearby lobbies.

A613BD23C24D21EF7186A853851B44128A3F6179

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2B10sUKe5g

7-15 upto draw. I prefer the draw of MM personally. Liquid gonna lose OT and once again I will be wrong

yep, nice clutch though and I got a cobble drop 1st ever

Last edited:
Don
So I finally completed my 10 competitive games and got a ranking - assume Silver IV is fairly bad?

Guess I have finally made it though, as was being accused of hacking, aimbot, wallhack etc. just because I went 30K/15D :)

EDIT:
Also watched my first streamed match last night - Na'vi vs Mousesports - will try and watch some more, as really enjoyed it - didn't realise how popular it was as an esport :)

Soldato
I've got some time remaining on a 128tick server, no fancy addon's installed but it seems to just 'work'. Anyone fancy a friendly 5v5 this weekend?

Do we have a CS:GO steam group for OcUK?

Back
Top Bottom