*** The Division Thread 2.0 ***

Soldato
it sounds to me like they've just changed the way the existing paid for dlc for clothing sets works and expanded it across the other vanity items.

can you imagine the backlash if they did weapons and gear..

although judging by the salt over on the ubi forums you'd think they already had..

Associate
it sounds to me like they've just changed the way the existing paid for dlc for clothing sets works and expanded it across the other vanity items.

can you imagine the backlash if they did weapons and gear..

although judging by the salt over on the ubi forums you'd think they already had..

I was gonna say they'd have the entire community after their heads if they did add guns and stuff into the microtransactions.

different devs. lets wait for them to make a wrong move before we chastisize them for it :p

Besides, didn't overkill remove them again?

Oh I know that, just saying it's not the first time a dev has said they won't, only to add them further down the line.

They did, after a massive uproar from the community. Damage has been done for them now though.

Last edited:
Soldato
They did, after a massive uproar from the community. Damage has been done for them now though.

I think it had more to do with starstream buying out 505 and by that i mean I dont believe it was Overkill's decision to make (505 had them over a barrel) but that's for another discussion and let's be glad it's Massive developing The Division and not Overkill. Massive have been doing a lot right recently.

Caporegime
I am liking what I have read - New DZ, better balance in the DZ, less toughness could be a good thing and should stop the way we blaze any and all missions. New mission level for a couple of them will be cool.

As for the microtransactions, these have been about since the launch of the game and nothing there has me worried.

Associate
I think it had more to do with starstream buying out 505 and by that i mean I dont believe it was Overkill's decision to make (505 had them over a barrel) but that's for another discussion and let's be glad it's Massive developing The Division and not Overkill. Massive have been doing a lot right recently.

To be honest, I don't know much about it, I only remember the uproar it caused when they were added, I didn't even know they'd been taken out until I googled it earlier on.

Agree with that, they've been getting better with updates, definitely going the right way about things IMO.

It does, I'm a little wary though as they are making a lot of changes, maybe too many for one update.

There's bound to be a bit of apprehension but I think they've been working on this for a long time so I think it's a good thing that they think it's ready for release.

Don't make me eat my own words, Massive pls.

Caporegime
Academy Award winner Stephen Gaghan will write and direct The Division film

Ubisoft confirmed in August 2016 that a film adaptation of The Division is in the works, with Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Chastain heading up the cast. Today, the publisher announced that the film will be written and directed by Stephen Gaghan, who won a Golden Globe and an Academy Award in 2001 as the screenwriter for Traffic, and was nominated for a second Oscar in 2006 for his work on Syriana.

http://www.pcgamer.com/academy-awar..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

I certainly hope that this happens.

Soldato
Managed to start this today and so far I really like it. Gameplay, gunplay, cover system and movement all feel great on K&M. I'm only at Level 3 and I think I might still be in a training area? I can't seem to use text chat to talk to anyone around me though.

Do we have a group (or would it be called a gang?) that I can be invited to?

Associate
Managed to start this today and so far I really like it. Gameplay, gunplay, cover system and movement all feel great on K&M. I'm only at Level 3 and I think I might still be in a training area? I can't seem to use text chat to talk to anyone around me though.

Do we have a group (or would it be called a gang?) that I can be invited to?

Look for Gambles signature,there is OCUK Discord stuff and where we all meeting up.

Associate
Post in the Discord chat, best place to find players to group with.

As for 1.6, I'm looking forward to the changes and trying them on the PTS. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is them nerfing AB too hard. We're all bored of it being the meta, but that doesn't mean it should be useless. Yes it needed to change, but nerfing it too hard means it just becomes another LoneStar. I hope they can tweak it and make it a viable in certain situations.

Caporegime
AB is being nerfed in regards to talents but also the fact that you can't use a FAMAS with it anymore (it's becoming an Exotic weapon and those can't be used in conjunction with AB).

I'm personally looking forward to putting together an awesome Reclaimer build :cool:

Back
Top Bottom