Rust - multiplayer survival from the creator of Garry's Mod

Soldato
What is Rust?

An open world multiplayer survival game, with some sandbox creative elements e.g. build your own base.

It's currently in alpha / early access - see below for servers with OcUK players.

Steam store link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/
Beginners guide video

Play with other OcUK members!

To join a server, press F1 to open the console, and type "net.connect ip : port" using the list below (no spaces between ip & port).

1. Codec's server
Server name = [UK] SyNPvP-Friendly Admins/Noobs Welcome/Sleepers/1/4 Craft
ip : port = 77.246.174.114:28075
2. Eyyaz's server
Server name = [UK] Oxide l PVP l Instacraft l No Sleepers l Weekly Comps (cash prize) l Airdrops
ip : port = 88.150.159.159:29515

If you want your server listed PM me in trust

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I got a key for this yesterday and it's epic! Teamed up with a mate and his friend, we've built our own little town in a good location, we've got clans all around us, been doing C4 raids, blowing up other players houses and robbing them. Such a good game.

Think of this as a mix of Minecraft/DayZ. Server limit is 500 players :)

Soldato
0000000 said it was invalid :(

I doubt very much that will work as they now have a Dutch Auction in place. I think 5 keys get sold every hour and the price starts at $120, it then drops to $0 over the next hour. I got my key for $28 + tax was $31. I think there are other ways of getting in to the beta but all the people I play with just paid for a key.

Caporegime
was a lot of hype around for it as franky made a crappy video promoting it sort of.

i registered to try it ages ago lost interest though. seems okay but nothing like its main competitors.

Soldato
I doubt very much that will work as they now have a Dutch Auction in place. I think 5 keys get sold every hour and the price starts at $120, it then drops to $0 over the next hour. I got my key for $28 + tax was $31. I think there are other ways of getting in to the beta but all the people I play with just paid for a key.

YEah noticed the dutch auction, kept my eye on it and they all went before $28... don't think i'll be paying that though!

Soldato
why would you pay that much for a key ? :p

It works out cheaper for me to buy something like this than go out, my last 3 raves I went to I spent best part of £2.5k combined so if this will keep me from raving then it's a small price to pay!

YEah noticed the dutch auction, kept my eye on it and they all went before $28... don't think i'll be paying that though!

My friend got one before he went to work for $22.

was a lot of hype around for it as franky made a crappy video promoting it sort of.

i registered to try it ages ago lost interest though. seems okay but nothing like its main competitors.

I've played a fair few of these types of games and I love the fact you can build your own house, the fact you actually feel like you're surviving. It's not as drop in and out as others, there is territory wars, boundaries and it forces PvP or co-operation. Really good idea, will be interesting to see how it developed.

Soldato
Just bought, thanks for the heads up. Looks nice.

Nice one mate, me and my friends are playing on United Kingdom server, we're all on TS. I can give you the details when I get home in case you want to hop on and try and get to where we are. I can let you in my house and we can give you a sleeping bag so it acts like a spawn point. Might be able to help gather resources too so you can build your own house.

Soldato
Just remember it is an Alpha so there are a fair few bugs.

You start with a rock, you use this rock to bash rocks/stones/trees/animals to get lumber/stone/food. Once you have enough you need to make a fire and put the animal meat in the fire to cook it. You need to hold E over the fire and select open to put the items in there to cook.

That's your food sorted, once you've got enough materials get a hatchet, it can be a stone hatchet or a proper one, this will get you 10 wood at a time as apposed to 1-3 a time. I think you need about 500-600 wood to build a house and you also need to build a door.

I had a lot of help getting started but that's about all I can think of.

Associate
Died twice already, but now I found a house without a door, so I just stuck one on. It's pitch black but there was already a camp fire in here, some storage boxes and workbench. I'm waiting for the morning with the campfire on, getting hungry though. There's no sleeping bag in here, so this place is mine, for now :p

Soldato
It looks really fun can imagine its great with a lot of you on..
Yea it got a bit intense last night with the raids and counter raids.
Died twice already, but now I found a house without a door, so I just stuck one on. It's pitch black but there was already a camp fire in here, some storage boxes and workbench. I'm waiting for the morning with the campfire on, getting hungry though. There's no sleeping bag in here, so this place is mine, for now :p

Haha, if you stuck a door on it then that is your house forever as only you can open and close it! You robbed a house mate ,well done lol.

Associate
Yea it got a bit intense last night with the raids and counter raids.

Haha, if you stuck a door on it then that is your house forever as only you can open and close it! You robbed a house mate ,well done lol.

What happens if I die though, does the door disappear or what?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to die again when I go out in the morning to get some food and other supplies! I can hear gunshots from in here, lol.

Soldato
What happens if I die though, does the door disappear or what?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to die again when I go out in the morning to get some food and other supplies! I can hear gunshots from in here, lol.

If you can find that house again mate then you can just open it and go on in. The only way someone else can get in to it is if they blow it up with C4 but that is loads of resources so I doubt it. If you get some cloth which you get from animals you can make a sleeping bag, then when you die you can choose to re spawn at your camp (sleeping bag)

You know there is no feeling like hearing someone walking around your house, slowly... It's amazing!

Back
Top Bottom