Resident Evil 7!!!

Soldato
Watched a few gameplay walkthroughs last night on youtube, bad enough playing normally but VR is a big nope from me, too much of a scaredy cat :)

Soldato
So I'm not the only one then? :)
You are not.

There's also gonna be a bunch of people who are all like, "Ah man, this sounds like it'd be awesome in VR!", only to actually try it and NOPE out within 10 minutes.

Especially if it's anything like the teaser demo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It looks nothing like Resident Evil, but the good thing is they did say the main game will be different or something. Can't be worse than Resident Evil 6, surely?

Either way this will likely be a new experience being that it is made with VR in mind. This game will likely be the first game to make me want to buy a Vive.

I would really enjoy the experience with VR I think. I don't scare easily, not from games anyway :p

I enjoy the sensation you get when something unexpected happens. You know that WOW, wtf was that moment. Just think of Resident Evil back in the day when the dogs came smashing through the windows with that music :D

Soldato
I love all of the fedoras that hate on 6. Had it been called anything else everyone would have been licking its arse, there isn't a single Resident Evil game that is even close to bad... Except Gaiden on the gameboy, but we don't talk about that one.

Soldato
Looking good, as a big fan of the series I hope the end result won't disappoint.

If you like where Resi 7 is headed you simply HAVE TO watch this, even the first minutes, though I'd suggest going through the whole thing if you can take it:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_VKQj5Vs-U

Headphones recommended, the audio is just pure perfection. Also, the guy captures some nice details which might go unnoticed during a normal playthrough and some stuff happens randomly.

Soldato
I love all of the fedoras that hate on 6. Had it been called anything else everyone would have been licking its arse, there isn't a single Resident Evil game that is even close to bad... Except Gaiden on the gameboy, but we don't talk about that one.

Fedoras? :confused:

Its got nothing to do with the name, I loved RE5 for its great coop and that wasn't a proper RE game either and I have 80 hours in that on steam. RE6 was just plain awful imo, no matter what they called it.

Associate
OP
Looking good, as a big fan of the series I hope the end result won't disappoint.

If you like where Resi 7 is headed you simply HAVE TO watch this, even the first minutes, though I'd suggest going through the whole thing if you can take it:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_VKQj5Vs-U

Headphones recommended, the audio is just pure perfection. Also, the guy captures some nice details which might go unnoticed during a normal playthrough and some stuff happens randomly.

I CANNNIII WAIT

Soldato
Calling people that didn't like RE6 'fedoras' is about as 'fedora' as it gets bro.

I personally didn't think RE5 was that good, either. Ok, maybe not bad, but I heavily disliked having a partner with me, having to share items, and just didn't think the atmosphere and pacing was half as good as RE4. I hear it was much better if playing in co-op with a bud or something, though.

And RE6 was just a disjointed mess. It was clearly a bunch of different prototyping projects that were all developed into release candidates and then mixed together very loosely and haphazardly. I was also not a fan of the heavy melee focus, especially with that wild zooming camera.

There are legit reasons to not like some of these games.

Soldato
Not impressed by the game footage at all. Looks like 30fps drivel thats not even a resident evil game! What the hell are capcom doing?
For one, pretty sure every RE game on consoles have been 30fps.

Two, the teaser demo is actually 60fps.

As for what they're thinking, they're twisting the formula again, much like they did with RE4. It's still going to have combat and puzzles and whatnot, but it's going to be more like RE1 with fewer enemies, a more horror focus, and also a sense of mystery that RE1 had back when we didn't know anything about the overarching story. This will still be set in the RE universe, though, it's not a completely different storyline as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom