Playing Half Life 2 for the first time

Soldato
And it's really cool so far. Lucky for me I guess, that I missed all these classics when I stopped gaming for 15 years and am currently going back to play them. One thing I'm confused about is when I was browsing Steam there are separate store pages for Half Life 2 episode 1, 2, etc. What's the deal with these? Are these in addition to the main Half Life 2 game or could you buy it parts?

Soldato
Cinematic mod is a nice improvement, although some of the later mods have gone a bit 'Lara Croft-esque' with Alex.... which is a shame, but you can customise the mod pretty well.

Man of Honour
Ok, I've heard of them but don't know anything about them. Have I missed an experience with these games?

Both Portal games are fantastic, competely separate (well, almost...) from Half Life so you don't need to worry about playing them until after you've finished HL2.

I am quite jealous that you're experiencing it for the first time.

maj

maj

Soldato
Off topic but this thread reminds me of a thread on here ages ago of someone who was doing the Water Hazard level without the hovercraft and was wondering why it was taking forever :D

Soldato
OP
Off topic but this thread reminds me of a thread on here ages ago of someone who was doing the Water Hazard level without the hovercraft and was wondering why it was taking forever :D

Ha. That's like me playing F.E.A.R 2 and not realising you were supposed to get into the Mec - played on for 20 minutes past that on foot and wondered why I wasn't getting a save point. Had to go back and get the Mec to get the game to save.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
If you haven't played Black Mesa (HL1 remake) do so before going any further! :)

Also jealous that you're playing this for the first time...

Caporegime
Half-Life 2: Update does a really nice job of updating some of the visuals without detracting from the original style.

It's the best version of HL2 in my opinion, the people who say it changes nothing obviously don't know what they're looking for/at. I cringe every time someone mentions Cinematic Mod. :o

Is Black Mesa finished now ?

They're still working on Xen but it's still a fantastic recreation of HL. I'd already completed the mod version a few years ago and ended up buying the paid for version on Steam last year at some point. It's very polished and they're still working on it.

lol :D

It was Raymond Lin, he was moaning about having to open the console and use the god mode command because he kept dying in the radioactive water. :D

Back
Top Bottom