Conan Exiles

Soldato
So I've just been told about Conan Exiles by someone in a gaming community I am in and I have to say it looks pretty damn good. Is anyone else here planning on getting it when it launches on Steam early access on the 31st of January 2017?

I think it will be a day one purchase for me. It looks like it will be loads of fun to play with some friends and if you can run your own private servers that would be cool as well.

Anyone else following this game at all?

Associate
It's definitely on my radar, though I didn't no it was coming out in Alpha state, shame. I'm still waiting for a AAA studio to release a fully done and on working building survival game, there must be one in the works given how popular the genre is

Soldato
OP
It's definitely on my radar, though I didn't no it was coming out in Alpha state, shame. I'm still waiting for a AAA studio to release a fully done and on working building survival game, there must be one in the works given how popular the genre is

Let's just hope it is playable when they release the alpha and isn't so full of bugs that you can't really play it. Either way I think I'm going to get it on day one and have a good long gaming session on it. Myself and a few others have already decided to host our own private server for the game which should be fun.

been on my radar for a while, really since I stopped playing ARK because it was never getting optimized, which I think it never will. Definitely has promise, this genre is so popular, it's crying out for just one title that nails it.

Yeah that was my problem with Ark as well. If they can get this game performing well right from the start it has the potential to really explode in terms of popularity.

Soldato
Yeah that was my problem with Ark as well. If they can get this game performing well right from the start it has the potential to really explode in terms of popularity.

It's already exploded in terms of popularity though, it's massive already, even in its current state. I think it's always in the top 10 most played Steam games daily, averaging like 40k players or something. But I know what you are saying, the fan base would double or even triple if they would just finish the damn game instead of adding fluff and paid content.

Caporegime
Ok now show us the trailer where it stutters constantly and has <30FPS with those graphics :D :p ;)

And yup, as Tony knows, the reason I am not getting ark is because of the above and bugs galore, even more so when they release DLC for a game that is still in alpha phase lol...

Personally I don't think they will ever get it performing acceptably as given that is the main complaint, I think it is safe to say that they would have addressed it by now if they could, either that, or they really haven't got a clue on "priorities"

Unfortunately all these survival games never seem to leave the alpha phase :(

Soldato
OP
It's already exploded in terms of popularity though, it's massive already, even in its current state. I think it's always in the top 10 most played Steam games daily, averaging like 40k players or something. But I know what you are saying, the fan base would double or even triple if they would just finish the damn game instead of adding fluff and paid content.

Sorry I should have been more clear in my response. What I should have said was this:

Yeah that was my problem with Ark as well. If they can get Conan Exiles performing well right from the start it has the potential to really explode in terms of popularity.

Soldato
OP
Is this single player, story driven with base building etc, or wave based, defense single player? I'm still unsure exactly what it is.. Reminds me of Ark.

It is a multiplayer game with private servers you can play on and yes it is a survival game like Ark. In fact it is quite similar to Ark in a lot of ways it just has a different story / setting and hopefully will be better optimised.

Either way I'm looking forward to it coming out on the 31st of January 2017 :).

Associate
I'll wait for release and do my research 1st, but it's definitely on my radar, still waiting for a base building survival game to nail it, Rust is my absolute favourite game so far in the genre despite it restarting development 18 months into it and then experimenting with its core gameplay 3 times.

Conan could be great, it looks more Ark like than Rust, instead of taming Dinos you seem to instead learn accent Greek mythology Monsters, really cool premise

Back
Top Bottom