• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Headache with GTX 1070 and triple monitor setup

Associate
Hi everyone,

I have a MSI GTX 1070 that I'm trying to setup up with 3 monitors. My monitors are 2 x Acer K272HL's and 1 x Acer B276HK. The B276HK is connect via a display port cable and one of the K272HL's is connect via a HDMI cable into a DP adapter and the other one is straight HDMI to HDMI.

When I go into Nvidia control panel to start with it would show there were three monitors etc but it would give me the option of surround configuration and span displays check box. I restarted the PC and after a while it eventually gave me the option to check that box. I did, then I shut the programs it wanted me to etc, then it only let me select two monitors and when I clicked apply everything went blank and the two K272's came up with no input and the middle B276 just went blank.

I tried the surround thing with two monitors the other night and it worked. Do you think this is because I need to get another HDMI to DP adapter so everything is running into the GTX 10070 through DP's?

It's stressing me out as I've bought the third monitor specifically for triple screen racing games for when my kids visit. Usually I can trawl enough gen from the web to fix stuff but this one has me stumped.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Associate
maybe display port to dvi connection cable to monitor would be more straight forward for the gfx card to understand

hdmi tends to be more aimed at tv setups

Associate
OP
maybe display port to dvi connection cable to monitor would be more straight forward for the gfx card to understand

hdmi tends to be more aimed at tv setups

So do you mean I have dvi adapters in the back of the monitors with hdmi cables attached that lead into DP adapters in the gfx card? Or I could get a couple of dvi to display port cables.

Associate
no search for displayport to dvi cable they are pretty cheap

display port end goes in gfx card dvi end in the monitor

Last edited:
Associate
yes I have my 1070 connected to my only monitor this way just now no problems with a single monitor setup just acts like dvi to dvi

have you tried a dvi to dvi cable instead of hdmi ?

Associate
OP
yes I have my 1070 connected to my only monitor this way just now no problems with a single monitor setup just acts like dvi to dvi

have you tried a dvi to dvi cable instead of hdmi ?

I haven't tried DVI at all mate but my gfx card only has one dvi port I think. I just assumed putting all three monitors into the three display ports would get it going. Maybe not then?? I ordered another HDMI to display port adapter earlier so I will see if that works having 1 x display port to display port and 2 x hdmi to display port.
If that doesn't work then I will look into going dvi to display port.

Bloody computers hey.

Caporegime
I'll watch this thread with interest, I'm after a 1070 but have noticed they all have one dvi port and the rest are hdmi, I currently have 3 screen surround working beautifully on my 780ti (which has two dvi and one hdmi output) with two Benq dvi monitors and an AOC hdmi one, I've wondered how surround would fare with adapters on the new cards....

Soldato
I had the same issue with my 1080
It wouldn't allow surround with the monitor connected via hdmi. I had to put them via the 3 dp for it to work correctly

Back
Top Bottom