• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Require help with GPU and Riser

Soldato
Heya fokes, I got a new case a thermaltake P5. It uses a PCIe Riser so the GPU can sit upright rather than sit in the mobo slot.

Anyway, Everything was great until I went to adjust my custom loop/coolant. I didn't really change anything much but I put it all back, Cleaned up and suddenly my computer refuses to boot. The mobos LED is showing VGA so its telling me my GPU is at fault? HOWEVER, I can get it to boot in slot 3 which is what am using right now.

Slot 3 is running the GPU at 1x PCI 2.0 which is terrible, Does anyone have any ideas why it refuses to suddenly boot on my slot 1 or slot 2? I even bought a new riser cable and it does the samething on the new cable...

I've also booted via my CPU and checked if my GPU shows when plugged into Slot 1 and it does... But it says

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

so yea, It wont allow me to use it and when I restart the Red LED comes back and it refuses to boot again.

Back
Top Bottom