Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4 & Xbox One)

Caporegime
So at E3 there was a new Rainbow Six game announced.

In the multiplayer mode of Rainbow Six: Siege, unveiled today during Ubisoft's press conference, players will take on the role of either the game's elite counter-terrorism Rainbow Six soldiers or a group of terrorists.

And those roles aren't just different looks for the same people with guns, this is a game designed to be asynchronous, a game of attack and defense.

Polygon Hands On

Media briefing:

Some off screen footage of a less staged variety.

Off Screen

This looks like it could be a great game! Will be looking forward to this. Shame we just have a tentative 2015 (which I am going to assume will b pushed back) release period.

Caporegime
I'm completely put off by the counter-terrorist vs terrorist gameplay - its great in that trailer but I know in the real world people just won't play like that unless it between friends.

Randoms rarely make a game mechanic work and this ones pretty much the whole game. Also seems they've thrown out any real tactical pre-planning (though not sure how they could have maintained that while being fun - maybe hierarchical where one person at random is chosen to be the strategist/team leader). Plays more like SWAT than old school RS - expect it to devolve into just run and gun...

Looking far more forward to The Division because of this where it punctuates PvE stuff with PvP. Again we know it won't play like it's been shown but its gameplay isn't so reliant on that...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
I think this looks really good. It's definitely not a game to play with randoms though.

It would be great if we could get a bit of a group going on here for it, shouldn't be difficult to get enough people to get some good games going.

Caporegime
OP
A new SWAT game would be fantastic, after watching the trailer for this earlier I watched a game play video of SWAT 3, and it sill looked great (fun wise) the constant radio chatter and radio beeps was fantastic!

Soldato
I loved the old rainbow games (anyone play rainbow 6 3 and black arrow on original xbox? Great games). Vegas (and 2) on 360 were good but it's hard to get a strong multiplayer these days with the amount of competition!

Shooting through walls in this looks great! Probably going to be hard to play with anyone other than friends tho.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree with you guys but could that just be one particular game mode? Or do we know that's what the whole game will be like?

There may be things like free for all, team deathmatch etc?

Soldato
I used to own Raven Shield online in the day. Those were the days, Playing the awesoem "Heat" level.

Loved that game, and Rogue Spear/Urban Ops before it. SWAT and Rainbow Six were both hugely popular, I really don't understand why the tactical CQB shooter market was seemingly abandoned by developers in favour of the no-thinking-required respawn/revive gameplay we're all used to instead.

Last edited:

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Loved that game, and Rogue Spear/Urban Ops before it. SWAT and Rainbow Six were both hugely popular, I really don't understand why the tactical CQB shooter market was seemingly abandoned by developers in favour of the no-thinking-required respawn/revive gameplay we're all used to instead.

Kids, xbox and call of duty we can thank for that.

Associate
Man I can't wait for this, that video was intense! destructive walls etc..

I used to love Vegas back in the day doing terrorist hunt with my pals, was awesome, even with the bugs lol, the looping gun sound used to annoy me so much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom