Revamping old build, need advice

Associate
Hi guys, I currently have a watercooled build but its time to upgrade it.

I bought it as is and it needs some TLC, so the plan is as follows.

12319492_10206566093404721_1925873816_n.jpg

• Downsize to a mid tower
  • Replace the 680 with a 980Ti
  • Remove all tubing and change to hardline tubing
  • Install a 240 rad
  • Replace CPU block with new block

I'm out of experience with watercooling, I haven't touched it in years, so my questions are:

• Best size tubing to go for?
  • Best liquid to go for?
  • What fittings do i need?
  • What tools do i need?

Thanks, Alex

Soldato
Tubing size is really all preference same with liquid to a certain point. Most people use 16/12 harline or 13/10.

You would need to browse for fittings and see what you see you like. With hardline only the outer diameter matters so if you got 13/10 you would need 13mm fittings.

You would need a heat gun and usual jigs to get decent bends, I believe OC sell some jigs already. And a support to put in the tube to prevent collapse.

Also is that block an EK supremacy, I don't really see why you would need to replace it tbh.

Associate
OP
alright thanks the for that advice Snookums and yes i was going to swap the cpu block because i can't seem to find a copper GPU block to fit a non reference 980Ti

Soldato
alright thanks the for that advice Snookums and yes i was going to swap the cpu block because i can't seem to find a copper GPU block to fit a non reference 980Ti

Having a custom PCB is always a PITA when it comes to wc'ing.

I'm sure if you look hard enough in certain places you will find one, it will cost a bit more but no more than buying a new cpu block and a non copper block.

Soldato
Iv'e decided to cancel my EVGA card order and going to wait and purchase the HYDRO EVGA version, it is already complete with waterblock and backplate, and works out cheaper than buying separately, also has warranty

GX286EA_112292_285x255.jpg

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga-geforce-gtx-980ti-hydro-copper-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-06g-p4-4999-kr-gx-286-ea.html

Much better idea tbh, plus the cards are so much nicer and EVGA have hands done the best customer service as well as just about to open a RMA centre in the UK.

Edit: Just noticed you already had ordered an EVGA card in the first place but it still stands. You're in the hands of an amazing company.

Back
Top Bottom