Xigmatek "Aquila Micro-ATX" Build/Pictures/overview

Associate
Xigmatek "Aquila Micro-ATX" Case
New Build for bedroom.

Hey, first time poster.
Anyway, thought I would share some pictures of a build using the Xigmatek Aquila Micro-ATX case. I am using this in my bedroom because I was fed up with the Xbox 360 and I didn't want to get an Xbox One or Playstation 4. I use it for watching Youtube, HD movies and just general stuff. My main gaming rig is downstairs in the study.

Some of the parts are new and some I had left over from upgrading my gaming rig.

Parts list:
Mobo: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 (new)
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1100t (left over)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 Push+pull (traded for a Gigabyte 560Ti)
RAM: Crucial Sport 8GB (4GBx2) 1333MHz (new)
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB (left over)
PSU: Be Quiet! L8-730W PSU Pure Power (new)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 500GB (new)
SSD Cache: OCZ Synapse Cache 32GB (left over)
Front fan: Bitfenix Spectre 200mm fan (left over)
Rear fans: Fan from the H70 and the default case fan added to push pull.
Pictures:

Front

Nice front with mesh venting.

Power button on top, no reset. The handles are plastic but feel sturdy, I could lift the system using one handle and there did not seem to be much flexing.

x2 USB 3.0, "front" audio, power LED (blue) and HDD LED (red)
Rear

120mm/140mm fan mount.

The top fan filter/cover is held on with 2 plastic tabs one end and the other end with a magnet.
Top open
Side right open

The PSU could use a little more room for the cables, it was tricky to install more cables into the PSU once it was fitted. However you can remove the HDD tray for extra space
Side left open

I could remove the 5.25" bay and then mount a couple of fans on the top, but I don't feel I need more cooling.

You can fit a 200mm fan inside at the front as well as "outside" (inside the front plastic shroud).

Not many options for cable tidying, but then again there is no window to see inside so not really a problem.
Bottom

Fan filter for the PSU feels a little flimsy, but I suppose it will do the job. I will find out in time.

-----------------

This case looks like it has the same internal layout as the Aero Cool Dead Silence but with a different design out side of the case.

-----------------

The Good:
Handles are strong and add some rigidity
Many cooling options including closed loop cooling solutions and tall CPU air coolers

The unsure:
Limited cable management - I could have used a longer cable for the CPU power and then routed all the way round the top of the case to come down at the rear. But other than that, I don't see it being a problem.
Poor/limited user manual - More like a quick start guide than a manual.
Rear Fan only 120mm - Would have liked to seen a 140mm fan as standard.
Only 7 standoffs - My motherboard had room for 8 screws to hold it down, so I used one from another case.

The Bad:
Front fan filter uses foam (not bad), but is held in place by little metal tabs. This means that, when removed and replaced enough times will eventually break.

-----------------

All in all I am very happy with how it has turned out and I have no regrets buying this case.

If anyone has any questions about the case, please feel free to ask.

Many Thanks

DZ

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah I am very happy with the way it is put together and I would make the same choice again.
This is a new build, rather than moving one rig to a new case. My main gaming rig uses the Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced.

Updated main thread to include these points.

Associate
Hi,

OP is that a 3.5 inch hard drive in the picture "Side right open" I can't seem to get mine to fit, SSD fit fine

thx john

Associate
Thx mate. Have you got anymore pics if how u got ur drives in. I just dont want to go rambo style and break it. Its a nice case though. Ill try and get some of my pics up.

Associate
I have just received and setup a white version of this case. I'm having problems getting the HDD active LED to work, mine has only 1 cable on the 2 pin plug that gets plugged into the motherboard. Has anyone else had problems with this?

Associate
OP
Thx mate. Have you got anymore pics if how u got ur drives in. I just dont want to go rambo style and break it. Its a nice case though. Ill try and get some of my pics up.

Hey IceUk, sorry for the late reply. Here are some pictures of my HDD in the Rail/cage.

Cage/Rails

Remove the plastic cross beam, I have no idea what it is for, but it is not needed. In fact I could not install my HDD with that in place, nor could I put it back after installing my HDD.

HDD cage/rails fitted.

As you can see above, the HDD has a very snug fit. There are no gaps between the HDD and the cage/rail.

Above you can see 1 of the 4 metal (silver) pins the need to go into the mounting holes in the HDD.

HDD sliding into the mount

It takes me a little more force than expected to remove/insert the HDD into the case mount.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have just received and setup a white version of this case. I'm having problems getting the HDD active LED to work, mine has only 1 cable on the 2 pin plug that gets plugged into the motherboard. Has anyone else had problems with this?

Hey Scrumpy Jack.

Here are a couple of pictures from my case, hope this helps.

As you can see, I have a H.D.D LED (1 wire going to a duel connector) and power LED wires (one + and one -) going to separate connectors. In total 3 connectors (3 wires) that need to be connected onto your mobo.

Hope this helps.

Associate
Thanks Drunkzombie thought i had a dodgy cable, these connectors normally have 2 wires + and -, unusual this case is setup this way. Overall very happy with the case size is perfect big GPU's can fit and be cooled adequately without any issues. The only other issue i have come across is 2 very small blemishes on the top panel in the powder coating joining the window panel.

Associate
Hi drunkzombie. Dont know if you still have xigmatek aquila anymore. I have bought the case and I love it. But I need your help about the 200mm front fan.

I would like to use the Bitfenix Spectre pro 200mm like you have in parts list. Does it fit where the stock fan was?? I can't be 100% sure it will I have measured it and it seems to be a bit tight.

Cheers Dan

Associate
OP
Hello Danrobbank. Yes I am still using it and still have no regrets.

20151128_152853.jpg
As you can see from the photo above, I have the Bitfenix Spectre pro 200mm located in the front of the case. I hope this helps :)

DZ

Last edited:
Associate
Ah I have just seen image

That is not a spectre pro. It's a spectre fan. And it looks exactly the same as stock fan just with a different sticker. Sorry for some reason I thought it was spectre pro.

Thanks anyway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom