** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Soldato
have hardly any BLB on mine cant see it with a black screen in a dark room.. i do have some minor IPS glow.. but its impossible to notice in games or on desktop..

think ive got one of the good ones :D

Soldato
Whats it like compared to the 144hz on the swift? Can you tell much difference?

really looking forward to buying one now :).

i didnt have a swift before i came from a 27" 1080p samsung 950D 120hz..

this at 100hz and my 120hz samsung is exactly the same cant tell any difference..

gsync is amazing tho as is with IPS + the curve is just right imo... games are so immersive!

Soldato
i didnt have a swift before i came from a 27" 1080p samsung 950D 120hz..

this at 100hz and my 120hz samsung is exactly the same cant tell any difference..

gsync is amazing tho as is with IPS + the curve is just right imo... games are so immersive!

Ahh yes looking back that was in someone elses sig, sorry exitement lol :). Sounds good though, set now on picking one up when OCUK get some stock in.

Last edited:
Associate
After dithering and worrying about the various problems people reported I couldn't wait any more as it had everything I wanted. I got the 34" G-sync last weekend and have no complaints so far. I've not noticed any banding, any dead pixels, or backlight wake problems. I haven't examined it closely - if I don't see any flaws in regular use then there are no problems. I got used to Trinitron lines back in the day so I know the brain will ignore all kinds of things :D

In short, really happy with it - got a EVGA 980 Ti SC to go with it and get great performance, particularly since i've come from an SLI setup which had patchy support for the games I play.

The only sad thing is i've got used to it already! I had two 24" monitors and this now just feels like those two but without the bezels in between. Of course when you launch a game and get the massive view you do appreciate it then.

Associate
Got a screen that couldnt do 100hz, get some wicked flickering on the X34. Got it to 95HZ and everything is smooth. bit gutted but dont even know if its returnable and if i can be even bothered.

***EDIT*** When i overclock the monitor to 100hz its fine as soon as i put 100hz in the nvidida control panel it goes crazy. If i creat a custom resolution and set it to 99hz its fine, im confused? :s

***EDIT EDIT*** Flickers even at 99, 95 seems stable. Could this be a DP cable issue?

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if the curve on the Predator is less than the Sammy 34" ultra wide?

I had a Sammy for a bit but did not like the VA colour shift or the curve (curve was too much for me distorting images)

If the curve is less than the sammy I'm tempted to try this panel out if so!?

Soldato
Does anyone know if the curve on the Predator is less than the Sammy 34" ultra wide?

I had a Sammy for a bit but did not like the VA colour shift or the curve (curve was too much for me distorting images)

If the curve is less than the sammy I'm tempted to try this panel out if so!?

I believe it is less of a curve, i think all the IPS versions have less of a curve.

Soldato
This is why i love UW:

Wow looks ace! :), that game is certainly something im going to look in to, looks really good.

Making me want this more and more now. Just the waiting part now.

Got a screen that couldnt do 100hz, get some wicked flickering on the X34. Got it to 95HZ and everything is smooth. bit gutted but dont even know if its returnable and if i can be even bothered.

***EDIT*** When i overclock the monitor to 100hz its fine as soon as i put 100hz in the nvidida control panel it goes crazy. If i creat a custom resolution and set it to 99hz its fine, im confused? :s

***EDIT EDIT*** Flickers even at 99, 95 seems stable. Could this be a DP cable issue?

Could be, id be tempted to try the best quality/shortest reach dp cable you can get.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I will try the short ass one they supplied and see what happens :)

Hope it cures your issue m8! Tbh, if mine did 95 I wouldn't be too bothered as long as everything else ran fine (sleep etc is more important for me, which is fine)

Again, when you add the Ti it might change another variable and be fine at 100...

Associate

Could be your 295x2, the 100hz version of a monitor has a G-Sync module in it that might not play nicely with AMD especially when overclocking the monitor.

Soldato
rsz_120151128_224417_hdr_zpswdpbelji.jpg~original

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom