Those with custom loops what speed do you run your rad fans at?

Associate
That's great, cheers guys.

So I should be ok with my bequiet silent wings 3 1000rpm edition then. Just need 2 more then I'll have 5 in total.

What are your pump speeds at and do you have them adjust to the temp or just run a fixed rpm?

yup, those silent wings 3 @ 1000rpm are practically silent, you should be good to go with those :)

I'm running the Silent Wings 3 pro 1500rpm fans on all my rads:

set to 60% @ 0-55c // 1000rpm at all times (can't hear them) then ramp them up to 100% @ 72c // 1500rpm

That's brilliant cheers guys.

Are you all on push pull, push or pull?

My front rad will be push and my top rad will be pull.

I currently have my top rad on push/pull INTAKE and my front rad on push only INTAKE.

yes, top intake is unorthodox but I'm currently testing out a positive pressure / pull fresh air from the top through my top rad theory...

I have the rear fan + the PSU fan acting as exhausts. (PSU is upside down, fan pointing upwards)

Last edited:
Associate
I run 4x Thermaltake Riing SP 140's at around 800RPM using 7v flyleads. Those push air onto the rads.

The rest (exhausting) run around 450rpms of a fan controller. No fans plugged into the motherboard.

Its pretty much silent and on a long gaming sesh on a demanding game like The Division water temp at max is around 43c. House/Room temp around 18.5 - 19.5c

D5 vario set to 2 which is around 2400rpm.

Associate
500 +/- for all my af140s (9 total, two on exhaust rest on two 420 rads), ramps up when cpu over 40 (which is only in games) as the gpu needs some cooler air (its air cooled)

Associate
Fans off unless gaming. All on max if gaming. Simple.

I tried this, I found that everything is fine apart from the mainboard south bridge and the VRM's where temps start to slowly climb until I was unhappy.

Even at Idle the VRM's climbed into the 50/60's, just one fan blowing on them gently lowered that to below 40.

Soldato
400rpm until the system is being taxed then I have them come up to around 700rpm.

In this sort of weather and with so much rad space I find most of the time they don't even increase. The difference between 400-700rpm noise wise is so minimal it's not noticeable anyway. Plus they come up gradually with gpu temp.

Pumps are both at a set speed that gives the least amount of noise. Around 26% I think. Only increase them for bleeding purposes otherwise they are perfectly silent.

At this current moment, loudest thing in the pc is my HDD. Tempted by SSD's only but 4TB+ is still no where near cheap.

Soldato
about 350RPM idle.

I cant hear the fans over the pump at idle, and I strugle to hear the pump over the fridge in the kitchen even though my pc is in the hallway lol

Normally, my fans get up to about 650 RPM during gaming, but currently, my GPU is running on air, so my dual 280 rads dont need to ramp up the fans to cool just the CPU lol

650 RPM is silent during the day, but if you are gaming at the dead of night then obviously the fans are there if you dont have your headset on

Soldato
Which fan controller? if you don't mind me asking :)

Akasa it seems.

31220487562_b99d516ba0_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom