EKWB RX 480 gpu blocks?

Associate
does anyone know if they are considering doing blocks for the aftermarket cooler models of this gpu? all reports suggest the 6pin power connector isnt enough so watercooling it wont be ideal...

think my 970 is on the way out. strange undescribable things occuring

Associate
I remember someone asking this a few months ago when the aftermarket boards started appearing. The answer then is that there is no plans for full cover blocks (except for the reference model). Maybe the EK rep could tell us that has changed, but i doubt it.

Associate
OP
Why would they only watercool the cards that have power problems? Was seriously considering getting one but all the stories about the card needing an 8pin power puts me off.

Soldato
Why would they only watercool the cards that have power problems? Was seriously considering getting one but all the stories about the card needing an 8pin power puts me off.

Its not that mate its more they only support the aftermarket cards which will sell at such volumes that its worthwhile. Its also quite often a deal between them and the vendor I believe...

With the reference PCB they can manufacture a single block design which fits multiple cards, past that its a numbers game and potentially the desire to custom cool those cards isnt there. You do have options in cooling the GPU in isolation but would still need to cool the VRM etc. I've seen some people make a workaround using the NZXT Kraken so if you're desperate do some research and see what you can achieve.

Back
Top Bottom