Is it good loop?Any advice greatly appreciated.

Associate
Hello

No so much time left but I'm gonna make my first watercooling loop during Christmas.
I'm going to do that similarly like on this video below, because I just do not feel I got so much patience and experience to create good bent, then I'll have to buy more fittings I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...&feature=iv&src_vid=4591X91-FUM&v=Ibh6srMyyXE

I got 5960x, asus rog rampage 10 and msi gtx 1080, all packed into corsair 900d case so there's plenty space.
One radiator 480 on the top, and one on the bottom.

1.I figure out my loop but I still got some doubts.
It goes like that:

From reservoir goes into cpu waterblock, from cpu waterblock goes into radiator on the top of the case, from the radiator goes into gpu waterblock and from that waterblock goes into radiator on the bottom of the case, and back to the bottom of the reservoir.
My idea was to cool cpu first, and gpu second.

2. I'm gonna use rigid tubing. Whats size is the best? Is 16/12mm ok?

3. Can I use fittings from soft tubing to use them in acrylic tubes?:o

I'm no expert but I think many of you guys are so thanks for your help.

Cheers

Soldato
1.) The order of the loop doesn't matter, as long as you have the right flow direction.

2.) 16mm rigid will look much better... any smaller will look off in anything but a tiny case, and even then I think thicker still looks nicer.

3.) You cannot use soft tubing fittings for hard tubing. They are completely different so you need to get the right ones. Also to ensure they go together perfectly, you ideally want to get the same brand of tubing as fittings... so with EK fittings, get the EK PETG tubing. PETG is superior to acrylic by the way... stronger and easier to bend.

Associate
OP
ok thanks mate
but I'm not going to bend those tubes cos as I mentioned I do not have any experience. I'll try to do that with fittings alone and parts of hard tubing.
I did search for a fittings for hard tubing but there's many of them. Where I can find good ones? EK, Bitspower??

Soldato
ok thanks mate
but I'm not going to bend those tubes cos as I mentioned I do not have any experience. I'll try to do that with fittings alone and parts of hard tubing.
I did search for a fittings for hard tubing but there's many of them. Where I can find good ones? EK, Bitspower??

Bending is not as hard as you think, and if you want things nice and straight, don't think that using fittings alone is a simple solution, because you still need to be VERY precise with measurements. Also, it will work out A LOT more expensive using fittings for all your turns.

You can use EK for this, but it doesn't look good... I've not seen many builds using EK for turns in between two tubes, because they don't have a single fitting that lets you do it. If you use a 90/45 degree EK fitting in-between two tubes you need x2 HDC fittings PLUS an F-F extender. The reason being is that if you look at the 90/45 degree EK fitting, one end is female, one is male... the HDC fitting for the tube itself only comes as male, so you need the F-F extender for the 90/45 degree male end to be able to accept that male HDC fitting. This is NOT an elegant looking solution. It's not as clean, looks very chunky and does not do the aesthetic any favours. Bitspower fittings do look better done this way, as they have more fittings available (double female 90 degs for example), but no Bitspower fittings come cheap so it's going to be a VERY expensive build if you do it this way... and overall I think hand bends look better anyway. Trust me, it's not that hard, just takes some practice, and tubing is cheap and so is a heat gun. You'll thank me later, really! Well, actually, you may not because bending can still be a PITA, but your wallet won't be as light and your build will look better. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom